Johnny Bravo's First Mafia Game (signup thread)

Biotop isn’t in yet. Please leave the bookkeeping to me for now, as I’m easily confused.

Wait…I have not decided yet. Johnny Bravo, can you give any more information about the game’s format? And might someone provide some excuses I can give my wife if I join?

“It’s in my blood.”
“It’ll keep me off the streets.”
“Don’t stop me before I kill again.”
“They made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.”
“I would tell you why but it’s above your pay grade.”
“I’d tell you, but I’d have to kill you.”
“The safety of the entire planet depends upon it.”
“Oh, look! A squirrel!”
“Don’t concern yourself with it, darling, just wait for me in the bunker.”
“Prof. Pepperwinkle told me to.”

Mafia, as a game of logic and deduction, provides numerous health benefits to its players. It increases mental acuity, enhances debate skills, and provides a valuable relief from daily frustration. It teaches important stress-management skills (from dealing with all the people calling you filthy lying scum!) and can act as a cardiovascular workout.

You’re gambling with your health by not playing, Biotop!

“85% of male players have noticed sizeable penis growth.”

Enough. Sign me up.

Just tell her that playing mafia keeps you away from her for hours. What wife wouldn’t want that??
Also, sorry, JB, for stepping on your toes.

IIRC, sangfroid was wanting another game…

I have not created a game for this purpose. I will likely use an existing non-broken, balanced setup from somewhere on the wilds of the internet. Otherwise, I will build a game using the approved “normal” setup rules on the mafiascum wiki, doing my best to balance it properly.

All of this depends on the final number of players.

We’re currently at 11 players (10 if Dead Cat chooses not to play). If/when we hit 12, I’ll put a countdown timer on registration. If we don’t hit 12, I’ll pull the trigger and try to get things rolling so that everyone can get their roles over the weekend and we can start in earnest on Monday.

First time player but long time lurker (4th post in the 5 years I have been registered on the SD boards.) I would like in.

Welcome aboard, Veteran New Guy!

IRConfused, IRDante G.

I just hope I don’t live up to my name.:confused:

Welcome!

Dead Cat, can you confirm that you want to play?

In please

Alright! Here is the current roster.

1. Dante G
  2. WF Tomba
  3. Prof. Pepperwinkle
  4. HookerChemical
  5. Mahaloth
  6. Astral Rejection
  7. Sario
  8. DeadCat (probably)
  9. Texcat
  10. Sub. Plankton
  11. Biotop
  12. IRConfused
  13. Precambrianollusc

Signups will remain ongoing until, at the latest, Friday at noon EST. I reserve the right to cut them off at any time before that. I’ll send out role PMs by Saturday and, hopefully, we’ll be able to start Monday morning.

Heads up. I have a long work day at the mill this Monday. I am not a lurking scum. Really.

From what I have seen in prior games on this board, I am sure that nobody will hold it against you for lurking on the first day… VOTE BIOTOP

AH! From my diligent research I find that the first voter in the sign-up thread is almost always later shown to be scum.

Vote IRConfused.

Uh, Biotop,** I **was the first voter (for Sario) in the sign-up thread. See post #5.

Skimming is a scum tell.