Johnny Bravo's First Mafia Game (signup thread)

I will be making my first foray into the exciting realm of running a mafia game! This game will be fairly straightforward and I will most likely use a pre-existing setup from the internet rather than making an attempt at balancing one of my own. As such, new and old players alike are welcome.

If you would like to play, indicate your interest in this thread. I am making a new thread rather than using the existing follow-along thread because I am selfish and petty.

It’s not selfish and petty, its being well organized… I like it.

In!

1. Dante G

I’m addicted. In!

Ditto. I’m in!

Given the concept of Strange Attractors from Chaos Theory: Vote SARIO. Just to save time.

I’m in.

/in

Sign me up, dude.

Yo.

I was going to sit this one out but Vote Prof. Pepperwinkle

(I’m in)

The roster thus far:

1. Dante G
  2. WF Tomba
  3. Prof. Pepperwinkle
  4. HookerChemical
  5. Mahaloth
  6. Astral Rejection
  7. Sario

I hope we can get at least one new player.

I’ll be happy with a dozen more old ones.

I have an idea that might make it easier for people to participate. What if the game were “adjourned” after each Day/Night cycle, with the Mod choosing a time for the next cycle to begin based on player input? While the game is adjourned, no one can post in the game thread at all, and it just goes dormant. This seems like it would be more flexible than trying to keep the game going continuously from start to finish. And if someone needed to be subbed out, that could be arranged between game sessions, giving the new player more time to catch up.

I’ve followed a couple of recent games (not start to finish, admittedly) but never played before - this seems like a good opportunity. I’m not 100% sure I have the time to commit (I tend to post on lunch breaks at work, but could easily manage before/after work and weekends if necessary) but I’d like to try.

Tomba: I’m of the opinion that consistency is important when it comes to deadlines. An adjournment phase that requires consistent reshuffling based on player input has the potential to create more problems than it fixes. It’s important for players to know exactly when a given cycle is going to end and the next one begins, especially for folks who are playing under time constraints. Plus it seems like a lot of work for me. :smiley:

Dead Cat: I’m not going to run a lightning game. You should have plenty of time to post, and if the game is only a dozen or less players (as it’s looking to be) then you won’t have to worry about only being able to post once a day or so.

/in, please!

I agree with regards to deadlines. Consistency, especially for those of us who are time-zone impaired, helps. Plus the Night phase is usually a rest break, at least for the town players. I quite often do not post at Night.

The more the merrier, right?

/in please

I promised myself and my wife I would not do this again until next year. But it is so tempting…

Someone convince me…

Okay, the last game, without you, Biotop? We lost. Bring Cygnus as well.

Looking good for JB’s first game!

1. Dante G
  2. WF Tomba
  3. Prof. Pepperwinkle
  4. HookerChemical
  5. Mahaloth
  6. Astral Rejection
  7. Sario
  8. DeadCat
  9. Texcat
  10. Sub. Plankton
  11. Biotop