Jon Stewart August 08, 2005

Where can I get me some Pickled Beet Heels?
Got to love them Stoic Brits.
Ed was excellent.

Indecision 2008 weak start, Pataki joke was too forced.

Yeah, they should’ve ended that fake laugh sooner (before it got painful) and come up with a second one. Could’ve used another Hillary joke, too.

Tobacco Road = It starts in slaves and ends in Cancer :smiley:
Rest of the show was not so good.

I thought the interview was pretty funny. Especially when they went after Steve Carrell.

“He didn’t actually write this book. And he spelled my name wrong.”

“Protective peppermint coating.” : Snort :

The other time he was on, Paul Rudd gave the worst Daily Show interview I’ve ever seen. The fact that he didn’t mention diarrhea or vomiting this time made it much better. The good jokes about Carrell were gravy at that point.

“Life doesn’t begin at birth or conception, but when you decide to run for president.”

Tee-hee-hee

Except for the “Indecision 2008” bit, I thought it was first rate. Loved the entire Russion Submarine bit.

Paul Rudd was okay, but he’s no Joe Biden.

Shooting “Digger”!

It’s Carell. Apparently Steve Carell is going to be starring in yet another of those movie versions of old tv shows, Get Smart.

I kept waiting for them to mention Peter Jennings, especially since he’s been on the show and was a good guest, with a sense of humor. He finally showed up in the “Moment of Zen”.

[QUOTE=Baldwin]
It’s Carell. Apparently Steve Carell is going to be starring in yet another of those movie versions of old tv shows, Get Smart.
QUOTE]

At least Brooks and Henry are involved. It should have a fighting chance.

I missed the first few minutes but the momen of zen was great.

No, they’re just credited as the show’s creators. The writers were Steve Koren and Jon Zack. I find that discouraging, since Koren - an SNL alum - wrote A Night at the Roxbury AND Superstar. In ancient Greece, they’d have made him drink hemlock for that offense.

Shudder. No!!!

…No!!!

Oh God yes.