Josh Duggar (Duggar kid 1/19) to be executive director of Family Research Council

It’s a given that the girls were counseled and comforted. I’m a dad and can’t imagine the horror of discovering that a trusted family member touched either of my daughters. Getting my daughters help to cope would be my first concern. Heck, my entire family would need counseling to deal with something this terrible.

Anytime a kid commits a serious crime rehabilitation is in society’s best interest. A 14 year old still has an average of another 66 years to live. Do we want vengeance and throw him/her in a cell to rot for a few years? Then watch them get out and spend those 66 years committing more and more serious crimes? It’s the taxpayers that foots the bill for the court cases and prison terms that person serves. Rehabilitate that 14 year old in prison or some outside court ordered program. Now, you have a productive and lawful member of society.

It was decided in America at least 80 to 100 years ago to focus the Justice System on rehabilitation. Not only to redirect a troubled and wasted life, but it’s in society’s long term, best interest.

I don’t know for certain that Josh hasn’t touched a kid since he was caught and talked to the State police. But, so far there’s no indication that he has done anything but live an upstanding life as an adult.