Journalists should not put fucking spoilers in headlines of recently aired TV shows.

WARNING:. Potential Game of Thrones S8E3? spoiler.

REQUEST: Please don’t talk about Game of Thrones spoilers here other than the one I mention because I still haven’t watched it yet. :).

So I decided to rewatch Game of Thrones before starting this season and am up to season 6. I have averted my eyes at any mention of Game of Thrones and have avoided fantasy and GoT dedicated websites/forums. I’ve seen many headlines which gave me time to look away before seeing spoilers.

I was on a regular news site (cant remember which one and don’t wanna go looking for it) and the fucking headline (at least I think- I averted my eyes quickly) was “Arya Puts an End to the Night King.”

Now who is this headline supposed to serve? Anyone who has seen it already knows, and anyone who hasn’t seen it and doesn’t care won’t read the article. So that leaves people like me - those who do care, haven’t seen it, and don’t want to be told what happens.

Obviously I’m not against discussion and articles about these shows but there’s no need to put it in a headline of a general news site. Put it in the text of the article if you want to discuss it. Too many people are busy and don’t have a chance to watch it when it airs and have to DVR or stream it later.

Am I wrong about this?

Note: if someone has a minute to Google that headline and let me know the publication or journalists name, I’d appreciate it.

I can’t seem to find an author. It is the name of a video on the Daily Mail website.

ETA: I did find the related article written by Olivia Wheeler but it has a different title. I am reluctant to put it here because I have no idea if it is a spoiler in its own right. I don’t think it is and there is a spoiler warning.

[Moderating]
I got a report about the OP having misnumbered the episode he’s talking about - apparently the episode in question is episode 3, not 2 as originally written. I don’t watch Game of Thrones, so I don’t know if this is accurate or not, but I’ve gone ahead and changed the episode number just in case.
[/Moderating]

The episode in question is S8.3. I make sure to watch the new episodes on Sunday night just to avoid the problems in the OP. However, living on the west coast, it is still possible to see spoilers in the early evening if you are not careful.

I worked very hard the past week to avoid game of thrones and Endgame spoilers. I was surprisingly successful. However, I am glad that I watched Endgame on Monday. The spoilers placed in article headlines is getting more blatant by the day. The websites don’t give a shit if they spoil things; they just want the advertising from the web hits.