Just curious: Why is this thread closed for review?

Prioritize the principles that Trump has shown to be toothless for POTUSes - #9?

It seemed like an interesting P&E thread, but was shut down yesterday. Any chance of it being reopened?

Not likely. The OP is extremely offensive; as is an additional post by the OP.
Posts #4 & #7 are extremely offensive is several ways.

But the staff hasn’t reviewed it yet.

Also please note, restarting the actual debate back up of the OP’s topic here in ATMB is not allow and would be considered ignoring a moderators instruction.

fixed poorly worded note 1:03pm EDT

Oof, I thought it was OK to take over here for discussion. How about we just forget the whole thing? :grin:

Apologies, please let me clarify, it was perfectly fine to ask about the status of the thread.

But … (and not saying you would do this) all to often people will start the actual debate back up in ATMB. This will not be looked upon kindly.

Sorry, by “OP” (in your first clause) do you mean post #1 or the indivdual who posted it?

Actually it looks like it was Post #4 and #7 that resulted in the closure and review. Not the Opening Post itself.

It looks like the decision will be coming shortly.

But I can already say the thread will remain close but the subject can be restarted without the Penthouse Forum type posts.

Actually, I don’t think those posts would be allowed at Penthouse Forum either.

In any case, I don’t think the OP made those posts in order to be offensive, but instead to use as a hypothetical something that was so offensive that there would be no real discussion as to whether or not it should be acted upon, but rather, whether or not it would be acted upon.

Probably could have made that point a bit less… graphically, however.

Pretty much required. As part of what I wrote to the modloop:
“It seems pretty misogynistic or at least unfriendly to well actually almost every other poster.”

Yes, of course. Thank you for understanding my aim. You are apparently in the minority around here.

Believe me, I am well capable of phrasing it in multi-syllabic, genteel terms that would have passed muster easily. It wouldn’t have made my point nearly as effectively, however, so I declined to do so.

Let me make this clear now. Avoid such offensive and lewd posts when making your point in the future. Your first salacious post was bad enough, the second post was way over any line.

Your warning will probably be coming later tonight back in the closed thread.

I was going to muse about whether a revision to the specific forum rules was needed, but then I recalled the SDMB baseline rule “Don’t be an asshole”, which prettymuch covers it.

When a large number of posters are offended or horrified by your “phrasing”, consider that maybe your approach was not as effective as you think.

Those are way over the line, imho.

Look I am all in favor of trump-bashing, but those went into rape jokes (which are generally banned here) misogyny and other unacceptable crap.

My second post (my final post, that is) was in direct response to someone who pointed out (correctly) that as lewd and offensive as my first post (#4, that is) was, it hadn’t gone quite far enough in establishing criminality so I attempted to provide the missing element of a clearly criminal nature, with a little extra colour in the form of imagined hypothetical dialogue in my imaginary hypothetical situation.

Really, don’t you suppose that instead of getting the Mod Hive into a snit for three days over this, you might have merely asked me nicely to tone it down and make my point more obliquely? I’d have been happy to oblige, though the spectacle of report after report coming into you and you consulting with your colleagues over the properly worded warning is quite something.

As I implied above, had I worded it more delicately, I doubt anyone would have had the smallest problem with the hypothetical situation I was trying to describe. I shan’t do it here, for fear of violating your sensibilities, but I assure you the exact hypothetical I was describing can easily be rendered in polysyllabic, quasi-legal terminology that could offend you only by putting you to sleep. So it’s not the hypothetical that offended so deeply, I think, as much as the language I chose for comical effect to couch it in. I will strive in the future to be more aware of the sensitivity to language around here. I consider myself properly warned, but I suppose you need to place a demerit in my official file.

Incest as well, which is never okay to joke about, even in the Pit.

Good point.

Are you that dork that kept spelling out n****r and then wrote 150 words about your right not to use asterisks, when just using asterisks would have just been simpler?

Anyway, a man’s life and character is defined largely by the battles by which they choose to fight, and here you are.

Say rather, those posts were most effective indeed, even more so perhaps than you expected . . . but not in quite the way you expected.

. . . not that way either.

Moderator Warning

This is an official warning for personal insults.

Treat other users with respect in ATMB. If you want to attack someone, do so in the Pit.