Just give me my Fuckin' CPU already!

I have had no home computer since midway through December. None. My components seemed to be failing (I suspected my motherboard,) so I ordered some new stuff, since i wanted to upgrade anyways. Well, suffice to say, the upgrade didn’t work. I spent almost a month trying to get things to work right, but to no avail. Eventually, I determined the problem was twofold. One, I needed a new HD since I wasn’t willing to reformat the one I had to get a clean install of XP, and two, my CPU was not right. So, I sent back the CPU andf in the meantime got a hardrive. Well, according to my account info at PCMicrostore.com, they received the CPU on January 24. I have yet to get it back. If I didn’t call you bastards after almsot three weeks of no CPU, I would have no idea what happened to it, as you never sent an email or tried to contact me to tell me that since you no longer carry the Athlon XP 3200+, you had to send it back to the manufactorer to get a replacement. (I find it strangly odd that you stop carrying it less than a month after I buy it…)

I have called several times over the past two weeks, and I get the same reply
“It’s at the manufactorer. I’ll see what I can do to make it go faster, we’ll send you an email.”

And then what happens? Nothing! No email! Jesus Fucknig Christ! I have been without this CPU fotr over a month! A month for christsake’s! I acn’t imagine it takes that long to test a CPU and send out a new one! You pop it into a system, turn it on, and see if it works. It takes five minutes!

Maybe I am to blame. Afterall, I DID decide to buy from CPU from the cheapest store pricewatch.com recomends. But I figured that with an 80% positive review rating, you were a safe store, but from now on, rest assured I will NEVER buy from you again. Hell, if it wasn’t for the fact that I have to check my RMA ststus on your stupid webpage, I would never visit it again, lest you think the bandwith you get from me is an indication that someone is actually browsing your shit-ass store.

So go to Hell pcmicrostore.com, but before you go, send me another damn CPU or refund my money.

The ONLY place I will order computer parts from online is www.newegg.com

Their “FedEx Saver Express” shipping is always here in like 3-4 days and I haven’t had a DOA yet. And a lot of times even after shipping their prices are still way lower than the big box stores. Plus I like the user reviews that can be posted on any item page.

Good luck getting your money back…

Yeah, I’ve learned my lesson. I will always order from newegg now. I’m jsut about ready to order a new CPU from newegg, and then if the other problem ever does get sorted out with pcmicrostore, I’ll just swap them out and I’ll have a spare CPU. An Athlon XP 2500 is going for just under $80…I think I could OC it to almost as good as a 3200.

ComputerHQ.com

and

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Home.jsp (formerly googlegear.com)

Oh and fuck newegg. I tried to order something, and they refused to ship it to any address other then the billing one on my card.

Newegg is fine. World Eater, they don’t require that the shipping address be the one on the card, they require that it be on file with your credit card company. I added my work address to my Visa and newegg was fine with that.

I’ve also had a good experience with Monarch Computer.

bouv, 80% positive is at least a yellow flag to me. My condolences on the problem, though. Any chance they can simply refund your money so you can go elsewhere?

Well, I might agree with you…except that on Pricewatch, newegg is just above 80%. So my reasoning was that if the store recognized as the bset is at 83%, then surely an 80% must also be good. Boy, was I wrong.