Just quadded in the freeroll - SDMB Poker 2nd Quarter 2011 - Now at PokerStars

We can still play with faux money at PokerStars, so the weekly tourney should be just fine.

I wouldn’t count on that, Missy. Espn’s poker guy seems to think that all three sites will be down within the next 36 hours. His twitter feed where he makes that claim is here.

Full Tilt Poker’s webpage has been seized by the DoJ. You can see the takedown notice here. Ditto for Absolute Poker’s page. So to, is Poker Stars’s page. Now, I loaded up Stars, and it seemed to work, and it did let me register for Dag’s PLO/PLHE tourney tonight, so who knows? Would not surprise me at all if they totally locked the site down, U.S. or not, within the next day or two.

Oh, the tournament is Pot Limit Omaha / Pot Limit Hold 'Em, starting at 9:05 PM Central Time. I’m registered, and I will try to make it or cancel if I can’t.

IMO, we will be able to use the ‘Faux Dough’ at pokerstars in the short term. I don’t think that will be cut out. Of course, that is just gut feel and I have no evidence to support that conclusion.

As I said in the other thread.

pokerstars dot com website has been seized by the feds.
pokerstars dot net website is business as usual.

Nothing is being wagered on .NET so I’m not sure why I’d be shut down unless voluntarily by Stars.

Won’t be able to make the PLO/PLH tourney tonight though. Going to dinner.

I don’t expect the .net site to have any problems, but the Mavens server is still running as a backup if necessary.

Update from PokerMavens:

There is a patch that will take it up to 2.90. Might want to go ahead and patch it in case we wind up back on there.

Where are we playing tonight?

My schedule is going to be hit and miss from here on out. But I can make tonight.

Unless we hear that someone is unable to get on PokerStars for free play, it will be at PokerStars.

…and if there is confusion still at 10:05 EDT/7:05 PDT, then we can always decide on AIM and reset the tournament…you know, “The No Fish Left Behind” policy that has been instituted on Poker Mavens AND Poker Stars.

done, thanks.

Hey guys, anyone playing tonight?

Its my SDMB Poker Debut, excited! Haven’t played tournament poker in ages, so I’ll prob be a bit rusty. . .

Welcome to the game. I have been playing for about a year and we have a really good time. And for the first time since I been playing, a non-American!! Woot Woot. At least you can play for real money. The rest of us cannot.

We chat on AIM on AOL if you got it. I’ll set up a group chat about 10 minutes prior to the game, about an hour from now.

Yeah I have AIM, username is qwertycarm.
And it’s probably a bit late for the rest of my Euro-buddies, its after 2am here.

ahem.

9th: Dag
8th: Mathinator / Mental
7th: Otbert / Oslo
6th: Yeti
5th: fubbs
4th: bdomino / Crane
3rd: browse61 / NFM
2nd: carm (Welcome to the game!)
1st: Moi

Online poker is rigged.

I haven’t seen one of those in years.

Having problems with my computer. Real problems, as in will let you know when i will be able to play with you guys again.

Not even after King Otbert has his morning consitutional?

A few years ago, I was playing in a tournament in Tunica (8 left) when K-Q Spades was against JJ All-in, pre-flop. The flop was A-J-T of spades for a flopped Royal. The shortstack had a set and drawing dead.

I did - I think it was Thursday? And spades instead of diamonds (IIRC)?
:smiley:

Not sure if we are also putting here, the results from other tournaments in MentalGuy’s club, but here goes.

We had a PLO/PLHE tourney tonight with 5 people. After a gargantuan heads up round featuring a straight flush cooler (and a nut full over 2nd nut full earlier) here are the results:

1. Notfrommensa
  2. Oslo Ostertag
  3. Cyberhwk
  4. MissTake
  5. Gray Ghost (finally!)

See y’all Thursday.