Justified starts tonight!

I should rewatch the first season, because I can’t figure out how Boyd Crowder is a free man. Didn’t he do something to be arrested for after he got out of prison?

Both episodes this season have left me vaguely nauseated. Maggs, poisoning a harmless man with her “apple pie”, and now Timmons, talking calmly about “splashing baby guts”.

Anyone know who did the opening credits? They remind me of True Blood, the jerky titles.

Loretta didn’t appear to buy Maggs’ story. Good for her, not giving anything away.

My bet is that by the end of the season, loretta is running the place and Maggs’ is sleeping with daddy after a taste of her own medicine.

Boyd was released due to Rayland’s involvment with ‘blond girl’ (name totally left my brain as I typed this, kayla?) - and after that, the only one who actually witnessed anything that he’s done bad has been Rayland, the folks that helped him in his crusade are all gone, those that killed his friends are all gone, so, I’m thinking he has a legit second chance, of course, somethings likely to screw it up (as seen toward the end, his not remembering) - but I hope they keep playing it out the way theyve started.

The real question is - how long can they keep the show going before they screw it up?

So far, so good. I loved the 3rd episode. Curious to see what will happen with the other marshal (forget his name right now.) They are foreshadowing something for later in the season, IMO. Still heat with Ava. Do you think she’s sleeping with Boyd, or is it an arrangement of convenience? The one weak point to me is the cop from the bad family. I know it’s the sticks and all, but it seems like everyone knows he a bad guy. You’d think the feds would be all over him already.

Has there ever been a better cast for Elmore Leonard? Every actor IMO is spot on. Damn, I love this show, and I love how clearly delighted these actors are to be delivering these juicy lines.

BTW, seek out The Accountant - a short film featuring Walton Goggins, among others.

Southern Yankee, I don’t think Ava is sleeping with Boyd – yet. I think he’s there to help her pay the bills like she said, and maybe out of guilt. Didn’t she kill his brother?

The other cop is Tim. He was standing next to another very attractive man at the bar. Made me wonder if he’s gay and if that’ll figure into a story line.

I’m okay with the bad cop/bad family being out in the open. I think all the feds know for sure is that they’re pot farmers. Dixie Mafia – bigger fish.

Those last scenes with Boyd were some of the best TV I’ve seen. Boyd’s reaction was organic – is that the word? Totally in character.

You can tell when Olyphant is delighted? I love Justified, but Olyphant is a single note actor. The only time I’ve seen him show any range is in The Office. Seth Bullock (Deadwood), Agent 47 (Hitman), Thomas Gabriel (Live Free or Die Hard), David (The Crazies) and Henri (I Am Number Four) are all the same character as Raylan Givens.