kanicbird, you are the stupidest POS I've ever seen

You’re one to talk. Aren’t you the guy who claims to be able to read other posters’ “auras” through teh Intarwebs, and who claims to communicate with spirits?

In many Buddhist traditions, suffering is the “fault” of the sufferer. If the sufferer desires to be free of suffering, the sufferer needs to find a way to let go of that which is causing him to suffer, and the Buddha would suggest that the suffering is caused by attachment. It’s not a “blame the victim” mentality per se, but more of a “only the victim can free him/herself of his/her suffering” kind of thing. At least that’s how I’ve always understood it from a fair amount of reading, discussion, and practicing.

Who the fuck are you, my #1 fan or something?

According to Good Omens, it’s actually the work of demons who are assigned to cause trouble on Earth. They get together regularly and compare notes.

I gotta dig out my copy and re-read it. I remember one passage where one demon was particularly proud of the fact that he’d screwed up the cellphone network AND caused a major traffic jam in one day. He rather sneered at the other demons’ efforts at making one person truly miserable, and was working with an eye on quantity, rather than quality.

kanicbird is joking. It’s his big whoosh to us all.

I swear, that Ouija Board thread was pretty much the antithesis of everything I like about this message board. Pretty much anything useful to be said about Ouija Boards was covered in two pages, then it was just the two of them arguing about the nature of the spirits that caused them to work. It was like if a 9/11 conspiracy thread ended up being an argument over the type of aliens and what sort of energy beam weapons were responsible. I think the Time Cube site contains more rational thought than those two’s posts in that thread.

Nah, just someone who feels inclined to point out particularly egregious hypocrisy when he sees it.

If the shoe fits…

Btw the op is insulting to shit.

And that’s why Buddhists should be kicked in the nuts.

Jesus was a naughty fetus.

That’s the thing. The way I understand it in Buddhist philosophy you’d only be assaulting his illusion of self, which Buddhists believe to be the origin of all suffering. Buddhist theology has no good or evil as western theology teaches. It has suffering, and working to escape the reincarnation cycle of suffering by becoming enlightened.

There’s a Buddhist story that’s sort of about that I remember reading. I’ll paraphrase from memory if that’s okay.INAB though.

Back in the day when they had warlords and such a warlord burst into a village. Everyone in the village fled his army, except an old Zen Master. The warlord was curious why he showed no fear. So he had the old man drug in front of him, and pulled out his sword saying “don’t you know I could run this sword through without blinking an eye?”. Triumphantly the man exclaimed, “yes, but what you fail to realize is you’re talking to a man who can be ran through without blinking an eye!”.

Believe whatever you want, but I fail to see how a side effect of synesthesia in any way compares to claiming that miscarriages happen due to the fetus being evil. :rolleyes:

Untrue, and I haven’t figured out yet if that’s good or bad. A batshit insane, yet civil, poster can be here forever without being banned.

You’re talking about a guy who said that sometimes women will make deals with demons before they are born, and that these deals will often include rape and such.. (When I asked him about children born of rape)
But I think this goes beyond stupid-it’s downright fucking CRUEL. How many posters here have lost children to stillbirth, or miscarriages, etc? And you’re telling them that their children may have been evil, and it’s better so that they died? That Jack Batty’s child might possibly have made some sort of “deal” before she was born? (And don’t weasel out of it by saying, “well, we don’t know what kind of deal they made, blah blah blah.” You said it-have the fucking balls to own up to it.)

You are one cruel fucking SOB. And I may no longer be a practicing Christian, but that’s downright heresy-I’ve never ever heard any of that claptrap you’re ranting about.

Obviously you’re not a member of the Church of Christ, Cuculidae.

Pardon me. A friendly reminder: We’ve got a few limits on just what you can say to other posters here:

Restricted language in the Pit - The BBQ Pit - Straight Dope Message Board

Please conduct yourself accordingly in the future.

Gfactor
Pit Moderator

If it’s anything like Kanicbird’s little sect (I think he said he was thrown out of a church for preaching to the congregation…hmmmm)

Fit to be clocked. :slight_smile:

:smack: (I just saw the CoC part-although they’re pretty fundy, IIRC)

Sorry, it’s been a rough day.
But for your original post-I’d say he’s the Pope of said church.

You’re right. He does that so often, I have to conclude he knows what he is doingm an does it on purpose.