Kanye West signals intent to run for presidency

Dang, I want to be hired to score it. I’m sure I’ll lose my ever-loving mind afterward.

So long as you agree to be billed as “scabpicker,” I’m sure you’d be a lock for the production team involved in that particular show.

Dang, that’s a good idea. You ever work as an agent?

Not in this lifetime.

But if this country does go full fascism, a lot of us may end up scrambling for new lines of work…

He does not have to face any public questioning unless he chooses to. There will likely be a couple handfuls of other candidates for president on every state ballot that nobody has even heard of let alone heard from before. That is entirely normal.

I never thought much of him, ever. But then, I’m a crusty old fogarty.

Utah today:

Poll workers called police on Kanye petition gatherers (and gatherers for another independent candidate) for multiple violations of election laws.

A formal vote by the board is still to be had but the Wisconsin State Election Commission staff recommends keeping Kanye off the ballot. They state the the “He has until 5:01” argument is a “tortured reading” of the law and find that the signatures were turned in later than 5:01pm anyway.

According to Ruhland’s affidavit, she was told that she entered the glass doors at the building holding the Elections Commission at 14 seconds after 5 p.m. From there, she and an assistant had to walk down the hallway, ride the notoriously slow elevator to the third-floor offices of the commission and turn over the papers to a commission staffer.

“It is virtually impossible to accomplish these steps in the approximate 46 seconds that would have been needed to present the papers for filing by 5:01, as argued in the response,” the memo said.

What’s more, Ruhland and her assistant didn’t turn over the ballot petitions to the staff for “several minutes” because they had not numbered the papers in the correct way.

Montana says nope:

I know that the Intermountain area — specific to this topic, Montana and Wyoming — are very slowly lightening from their current infrared where Presidential elections are concerned; that said, who believed that Biden was enough of a threat to warrant spending resources to get Kanye West(!) on the ballot in order to counter him?

The Trump campaign.

In retrospect I probably should have written “who in their right mind” which would have ruled out the Trump campaign. In any case, I suppose the three votes that West would have siphoned off from Biden in those two states are safe.

My hypothesis is that they’ve been trying to get West on the ballot in some super-red states so there’s a tissue-thin level of plausible deniability against only putting him on the ballot in battleground states.

Kanye will not be on the ballot in WI per Tweet from Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Molly Beck.

It looks like he won’t be on the ballot in Illinois, either.

Or in Ohio.

Additionally, Mr. Kanye West and Ms. Michelle Tidball failed to meet the requirements necessary to appear on the presidential ballot in Ohio for the November 3, 2020 General Election. Based on a review of the documents submitted by the West campaign, both the information and a signature on the original nominating petition and statement of candidacy submitted to the Secretary’s office do not match that of the nominating petition and statement of candidacy that was used to circulate part-petitions.

Ben Jacobs just tweeted that Kanye did not make the ballot in West Virginia either, not even enough signatures.

As of today, Kanye West has also failed in Missouri and Wyoming. Isn’t WY is adopted home state? Sheesh.

Has he gotten on the ballot anywhere but Oklahoma? This is a halfassed attempt, even with all the Repub help.