Kanye West signals intent to run for presidency

Yep, you couldn’t make it up.

Well America, the rest of the world watched you pick a deluded incompetent whose main qualification was money and appearing on TV. Now’s your chance to show us that you’ve actually learned something from this pathetic experience.

Or have you actually not learned anything?

Fun year…

So… harebrained Republican scheme to siphon off black votes?

We know Taylor Swift won’t be his VP pick.

Understandably, there have been prior threads on SD labelling El Prez as Zaphod Beeblebrox and now we have two of ‘em to split the ticket.
Might Trump continue with the HHGTTG references and emulate Hotblack Desiato to avoid incitement post Presidency?

Who’s next? Draft Oprah or John Stewart?
No mail in voting but polling by tweet?

Lost.The.Plot.

He and Trump will split the lunatic vote.

Elon Musk says he supports Kanye.

Exactly which Trump voters are going to defect to Kanye?

Indeed. I would be more worried about him taking the Black and youth votes, both of which are normally heavily Democrat.

Never go full retard

Despite what Republicans think, black people are not this stupid.

My first thought as well. And there is a very stable genius somewhere that thinks this is brilliant, because that way he can get the majority in the Electoral College with just 35% of the popular vote.
If this works that way I am afraid the USA will have to nuke itself, this will then be the only way to defeat its worst enemy: themselves.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum.

Maybe it’s a whoosh?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kanye-west-announces-hes-running-president-021700559.html

I think you are misinterpreting. It would be an attempt by Trump’s crony Kanye to siphon off black votes from the Democrats. Trump’s votes would remain essentially unchanged.

That’s what I’m worried about. Not very worried, but still…

On the other hand, black people are people, and people can be pretty stupid sometimes.

A troubled man for troubled times.

This following his joining a BLM protest and donating to money to the families of George Floyd , Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery, is interesting.

Maybe he got disgusted with Trump. Maybe he is trying to help Trump by siphoning off a few Black votes and his donations were to prep for this. (Yeah every demographic has its stupid people and in a close state a few votes could matter.) Or maybe he is just a deluded disturbed individual with no rational process involved at all.

Your second and third options aren’t mutually exclusive.

It ain’t easy to get on the ballot in many states and the Greens didn’t like Jesse Ventura trying to hijack their nomination so it’s not likely he can slip in the back door.

I think he’s just shooting off his mouth and wanting attention.

I think he has got how PR works down pretty damn well.