I work in a research laboratory. Most of the research done here is on Type One Diabetes. We have strict rules about where you can have food and drink. There is an established “food fridge” and lunch area outside the lab space.
Yesterday morning, I opened the food fridge to put my lunch away. There were the usual plastic containers of unknown age and origin, other lunches, and a bottle o’ piss.
This is the third fucking time there has been a urine sample in the food fridge!!
There are plenty of sample fridges down the hall! I’m gonna find the lazy idiot that has left this golden cup with the edibles and make him/her drink it.
[QUOTE=Anaamika] You would think that would be a given.
[/QUOTE]
Ahh how sweet. You still have faith that people have any common sense whatsoever.
It doesn’t matter how simple or glaringly obvious something appears to be, there is an idiot out there somewhere who will screw it up. This is one of those situations.
[QUOTE=Uvula Donor]
I’m not lazy, I’m conducting an experiment. Thanks for providing me with my first results.
Man! Can’t believe it took three tries. This study is going to be harder than I thought.
[/QUOTE]
The determination of whether behavior is genetic or from environmental experience is very difficult. From the results, it can be determined that an aggressive response with reference to the gential/urinary function has been achieved: I fucking pissed off!
[QUOTE=Anaamika]
Keep your pee away from the Food!!! You would think that would be a given.
[/QUOTE]
Most cats and dogs seem to have figured it out… Do mice instinctively not pee where they eat? If they do, you might leave a note comparing the intelligence of someone who puts pee in the food fridge to that of mice.
Our office has ruthless community fridge thieves, can I borrow one of those? It would put me one half empty bottle of Mt. Dew away from victory, you know.
I’ve never seen anyone store urine in the office fridge (This is possibly because I work for a dot com), but one of my closest friends once offered me a popsicle from the “Animal Storage Freezer” at her vet’s clinic. “What? They’re all sealed!” :eek: Ick.
[QUOTE=wring]
I think you may have achieved what I thought was impossible - a Pit thread to which no Doper will disagree w/the OP’s point.
[/QUOTE]
Hey, look, it was only in there for a minute. Besides, everybody has their lunch in some kind of air tight container. And as my friend Godwin pointed out, this is something that the Nazi’s would have done if they worked at urine labs.
You’re right, wring. It’s hard to muster up an argument against.