keeping a girlfriend when asked tough questions

This reminds me of a funny story in my own dating history that I know would be entertaining to the SMDB, don’t know exactly where would be the best place for it, and I realize this thread probably isn’t it, but it provides a perfect segue:

This takes place in the days before the Internet (well, I was on, but I was an early adopter), when dinosaurs roamed the earth and hookup sites were done by phone. I was on one of those and found a lovely woman whom I enjoyed talking to. She mentioned in one of our conversations before our first meeting that she liked country music, I enjoy it as well and filed it away in my head.

We finally got together for our first meeting, and I noticed that she had nice red hair (how could I not? I’m always a sucker for a redhead!) I figured I’d use my knowledge of country music to good use, as her red hair reminded me of Reba Macintyre, and I wanted to impress her by telling her so. However, for some reason, what came out of my mouth was that she looked like Rita MacNeil (Google images link) - suffice it to say that she does NOT look like Rita Macneil, and that was the last I ever saw of her.