Kent Hovind, Anti-Semite

When creationists come a’calling, they from time to time bring up Dr. Dino, Kent Hovind. And we go through a ritual of exposing and re-exposing his lies and all.

Well, now he has attracted the attention of the Southern Poverty Law Center for his anti-Semitic and anti-democratic behavior as well.

As noted in this Skeptic News item, he even sells The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and has said that Democracy “is evil and contrary to God’s law.”

This is the same man who tries to abuse that same democracy by trying to get creationist office-holders to put forth anti-evolution laws, mind you.

The Skeptic News item has links to both the SPL news item and a site that analyzes Hovind’s claims. So keep it handy for when the Hovind fans come wandering by again.

It may work elsewhere, but the short item on Hovind’s anti-semitism link seems to be broken when entered from the Skeptic’s page.

Anyone who distributes *The Protocols of the Elders of Zion * must be an anti-Semite.

I would quibble with the above quote. Trying to get creationists in office to put forth anti-evolution laws is a proper use of democracy, but it’s being used to further a socially harmful goal. By contrast, IMHO Roe v. Wade was an abuse of democracy, which achieved a socially beneficial result.

There is nothing inherently good about democracy, which, by the way, the United States ain’t.

S’okay, because representative democracy is contrary to God’s law, too. Every government described in the Bible – including the Kingdom of Heaven – is a monarchy.

NO!

Not Hovind!

You mean that he’s full of shit and an asshole.

Why is it an unsurprising combination of character traits?

I’ll just assume that you mean laws that restrict the teaching of evolution. After all, how would go about banning evolution?

Funny how morons like Hovind are always criticizing the political systems that gives them the freedom to be critical.

I am not defending Hovind, but the blurb did not say he distributed “The Protocols”. He distributed something called “The fourth Reich of the Rich” (or something like that) and agreed with some of what was in the protocols.

Well, doesn’t Amazon.com distribute the Protocols? After all, it can be used for scholarly purposes-like a report on say, Anti-semitism, or frauds, hoaxes, that mindset, etc etc?

Just like Mein Kampf.

According to the SPCL item, he “recommended” the Protocols.

I don’t know what’s up with that link; if you open a new browser window, paste the following into it, and hit enter, you should get to the article in question:

http://www.splcenter.org/cgi-bin/goframe.pl?refname=/intelligenceproject/ip-4r10.html

Or you can just go to Southern Poverty Law Center’s website, click on the “Intelligence Project” hyperlink, then on the “Intelligence Report” hyperlink, then on the “Intelligence Briefs” hyperlink.

Hovind has, apparently, not put this shining light under a bushel basket:

From the Pacific North West Skeptics

[quote]
Creationists and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion

Young-earth creationist activity has severely diminished in the Puget Sound area over the past two years. So it came as a surprise that Kent Hovind from Florida paid the region a visit. Folks who are familiar with his stage act know that Hovind is considered the Bob Larson of creationism. A few PNWS members certainly raised their eyebrows when they noticed his Florida address zip code was surrounded by brackets (a favorite, but useless tactic employed by militia sympathizers to declare their “sovereignty” from the Federal government). But upon attending his lecture even they were shocked to see him endorse the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. It’s unusual to see such overt anti-semitic tactics employed by a well known creationist, especially since Hovind speciously links Nazism with evolutionary biology. But then again, it’s uncommon for other creationists to quote Hovind. We can see why.

[quote]

Just when I thought I couldn’t possibly have a lower opinion of the guy…

Goes to show that ignorance knows no bounds.

tomndebb quoted the Pacific Northwest Skeptics as saying:

Unfortunately, ol’ Jack T. Chick’s Big Daddy? is one of those “uncommon” ones, in that it does quote Kent Hovind.

Tom, tracer, I love you guys.

I did a little looking. It gets more absurd.

Here is the actual Arkansas bill (in .pdf format) which appears to quote Kent Hovind’s and Jack Chick’s work. Some of it is at least very similar.

Sorry if this has been pointed out before. It’s news to me, and just too bizarre to let pass without comment.

First, let me apologize to everybody for the bad link. I thought I’d fixed the little bugger. Let’s try again: try this link and scroll down to the second item.

Also:

KeithB said:

Yup, I was misremembering the bit about him selling the Protocols. But actually, it says he “has recommended” the book. A bit different from simply agreeing with it (and even if it was just agreeing – yeesh!).

Libertarian said:

Gee, thanks. But I didn’t say it was “inherently good” – I noted that Hovind said it was “evil and contrary to God’s law.” Yet he uses these evil democratic systems (and yes, thanks, I know we are not a pure democracy) to try to push his agenda – as Adam and Sofa King (in discussing the Arkansas law, which is exactly what I was thinking of when I typed what I did earlier) both understood.

Well, Hovind is a monster. You’ll get no debate from me on that.

OK, good. :wink:

Now, go out and tell the masses!!

You just singlehandedly restored my faith in the American people for me at a difficult moment. Thanks :smiley:

— G. Raven

Oops, I guess that came off as sarcastic, I’m addicted to the :smiley: smiley…
:smiley:
I really mean it. Kudos, kudos!

— G. Raven

Libertarian wrote:

He’s covered with blue fur, revels in eating cookies, and has somebody’s hand stuck up his butt?