Khalid Muhammad dead at 53

CHICAGO (AP) – Khalid Abdul Muhammad, the one-time Nation of Islam official who became known for virulent attacks on whites and Jews, has died, an associate of the Nation of Islam said Friday. He was 53. The activist was removed from life support Thursday night at a Georgia hospital, according to Toure Muhammad, a free-lance reporter for The Final Call, the Nation of Islam’s newspaper in Chicago. “It is confirmed that Khalid Muhammad has passed. The Nation of Islam is mourning his death,” Toure Muhammad told The Associated Press.

Muhammad was named one of Louis Farrakhan’s top lieutenants in the Nation of Islam in 1981. He served at Nation of Islam mosques in New York and Atlanta throughout the decade, and in 1991 became Farrakhan’s personal assistant. Muhammad’s new position involved public speaking engagements, and he quickly became known for his harsh rhetoric about Jews, homosexuals
and whites. He was dismissed by Farrakhan after a 1993 Union, N.J., speech during which he referred to Jews as “bloodsuckers,” labeled the pope a “no-good cracker” and urged mob murder of white South Africans.

“I am going to be like a pit bull. That is the way I am going to be against the Jews. I am going to bite the tail of the honkies,” Muhammad said. Muhammad was unrepentant about his rhetoric. “I was born to give the white man hell, and I will give him hell from the cradle to the grave,” he told a crowd in Atlanta in September 1995.

One less hate-monger in the world.

Good riddance.

He was as bad as the white-hick-trash down the road from me. Still, refering toi the pope as a “no-good cracker” is one of the funnier things I’ve heard all day. Then again I might just be sleepy.

Seems like its not just the good who die young.

I think that like all of us, my first thought at hearing of this man’s passing was, “53? Damn, I wish I had picked him for Celebrity Deathpool.”

Damn straight, Nemo.

That’s what the Associated Press claimed yesterday. Today they have backed off and are reporting that he is still alive, but gravely ill.

Quote: