Kill the Fox NFL robot now!

Yesterday he was jumping around playing an electric guitar behind his neck ala Spinal Tap. WTF?

I would keep the robot if they got rid of Joe Buck instead. What a worthless douche that guy is.

These things are perplexing to me…the robots, Faith Hill, Hank Williams Jr…it’s like what you get with old execs relying on retarded focus groups or something. I’d rather they cut that and the whizz bang graphics all over the margins out completely. Just show the game and STFU.

The pomp and circumstance aren’t for you. They’re for Joe Q. Public, who may not actually care that much about football.

Faith Hill sounds great on mute. Oh, and she needs to bring back the boots. That is all.

At least ESPN finally dropped Joe Morgan!

I like the robotic turkey on Thanksgiving.

I thought that’s who this thread was about! :slight_smile:

Are there people out there so who so lack a life that they’ll channel surf and stop on a football game, that they don’t care about, just because they see a robot?

Yeah, sadly, there probably are.

The only good thing about the robot is that when I DVR through the commercials it signals to hit “Play” because the commercials are over.

If we can just get Chris Collinsworth to stop fellating everybody on the field, from the two teams to the referees to the camera crew, I’d be willing to let the robot slide.

“Tom Brady really knows how to tuck that left elbow in.”
“Ben Roethlisbergr is really good at moving around in the pocket”
“The young guy has the skills the Patriots are looking for”

Ugh. Just once, I want them to say something like “Y’know, he’s just not that good at ____.”

Actually, Collinsworth is one of the few guys who will come out and flat-out admit that somebody sucks. The problem, I think, isn’t him; it’s NBC, which probably has commentator fellatio written into its Sunday Night Football deal.

Sunday Night Fellatio? When did that start? I need to set my DVR.

“The Cowboys went back to basics this week and basically, they’re awful.”
-Chris Collinsworth

Can’t accuse that man of beating around the bush.

One of my favorite super bowl ads

Is DVR a euphamism now?

Yeah, you can’t hate on Collinsworth for fellating Brady when every other commentator everywhere is also fellating him. It’s one thing if the guy sucks and he keeps talking about how awesome he is, and as much as I hate Brady, he doesn’t suck. In fact, in reference to the “tuck his elbow in”, IIRC, wasn’t he commenting on his mechanics? It sounds dumb out of context, but Brady does have solid mechanics. I’ve heard tons of times where he was willing to call someone out when others wouldn’t have.

BTW, it’s not NBC that requires them to fellate players, it’s the NFL. They totally have Brady, Favre, Roethlisberger, Manning, and a few others listed in the “must fellate” clause.

On topic, the robot is dumb, but it’s easily ignored, so I really don’t get all the hate.

All right, I’ll say it. I like the Fox robot.

He can even transform.

I don’t get it. If it’s a robot, why does it need to do stretches? Shouldn’t it be ready to go?

That’s why I think it’s some kind of animation, and not a real robot at all.

After-marketing (action figures, etc).