Killing an afternoon in San Jose

I work in Santa Clara. I would have told you to stop by but I’m in Seattle.

Thank your lucky stars your Santa Cruz meeting got cancelled. Going over 17 for the first time in the rain, and back, wouldn’t be much fun, especially if there is an accident, I hate that road.

It was a real nightmare decades ago, before they added the median barrier. When I had extra time, I used to bypass most of the road, e.g. Black Road to Gist Road to Skyline and then down the Soquel Road.
… Although the way I used to drive this was no safer than 17. :smack:

I barely made it to San Jose! Southwest cancelled my flight, and put me on one leaving at 6:15, which would have rendered the entire trip moot. After two hours on the phone with my travel agent, and running all over LAX, I finally got a flight on American. I arrived with just enough time to have dinner and go to my evening meeting. :smack:

And now I’m headed to the airport to fly back to LA.

I’ll be up here again in a few weeks though, so maybe eventually I’ll be able to put some of your suggestions to use … .

Note to anyone planning a visit to Santa Cruz this weekend: the forecast is 100% chance of rain with temps in the low-to-mid 50s. Not exactly beach weather!

Might as well have left your home a few hours earlier and drove up. You’d have made about as good time with less hassle AND you’d have your own car for that side-trip to Santa Cruz.