Killing Eve - on the BBC

Remember what Hugo said when he was shot about playing dead? I’m assuming that’s what Eve did. So she was shot but not fatally.

I suppose that makes the most sense since there’s to be a third season but it doesn’t mesh with Villanelle’s expertise. She wouldn’t just shoot once and walk away. I’m not one to pick apart fictional shows(and this show, though excellent, has plenty to pick apart) but this detail seems kind of glaring. Won’t stop me from continuing to enjoy it though.

The way I explain it is that Villanelle is split between being in love with Eve and wanting to kill her, so she’s not able to deliver the killing shot. And shooting Eve was so unlike her. When Eve was investigating the other murders (like the one of Aaron Peel’s father), she noticed that the other hired killer was more subtle. Eve even said something about how Villanelle’s kills were never subtle. (Like the one of the cheating husband in the S&M dungeon with the window on the street.)

Villanelle walked away from her one shot that she believed killed Konstadine. Drove off thinking she had killed Nadia. That she is a very sloppy professional is pretty well established. And characters surviving that which they should not have is also established. How had Nadia not only lived but with only a few broken bones and was able to get herself out of there without a trace?

Villanelle’s hired hits mostly had panache, but her impulsive murders were relatively mundane, snapping Gabriel’s neck, tossing Amber’s keeper in front of a bus …
Why did Blofeld, I mean Aaron Peel ask “Billie” out after that dinner? One is supposed to think it was a result of her not being bullied or intimidated by him. But then once asked to Rome she is his obedient toy?

Caroline was willing/wanted to drop investigating Villanelle in favor of the Twelve and only allowed Eve to continue as that could be how to get to them. Why then drop work on Villanelle and the Twelve as soon as a new female killer working for an unknown someone else shows up? No one yet knew of the super-villain’s involvement.

And why did Nadia give them the elder Peel’s name? She didn’t know about the Ghost or the weapon. No reason for her to have.

Is Eve a person with deep emotions, able to be sad and angry about the death of a good friend, unable to tolerate a garbage eulogy of him? Or a bored psychopath unable to form real attachments, who is like Villanelle, who thinks of others as objects, with maybe some special obsession for an object that gives her an erotic thrill? Both?