Kinda cool

I just noticed that today is 11-11-99.

Kinda cool looking.

Anyone else have totally useless observations about the mundane things around them?

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

How 'bout this one Sealemon, did ya ever just punch in some random six digit number in the URL up there? Kind a strange what topic it takes ya to sometimes.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

“Double Days” that are cool.

1-1 National Hangover Day. But you knew that.

6-6 D-Day, in 1944. But it wasn’t planned that way, the weather dictated the date.

10-10 “Double Ten Day,” Chinese independence day, commemorating the revolution of 1911.

11-11 Armistice Day. WWI Ended at 11:00 am on 11-11, 1918.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

8-8-88
The first game ever played at Wrigley under the lights.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

My mundane observation of the day:

Mullinator’s sig line is extremely funny.

In the “Oracle 8i Lite Java Developer’s Guide” it says that the first argument for the getConnection method is “jdbc:polite:polite”. The first “polite” is a sub-protocol and is always “polite”. The second “polite” is the data source name, which varies based on what you’re connecting to.

That may not be cool to you, but it just made my day, after two days of trying to figure out why I couldn’t make the connection.

I needed something positive after having been roundly abused in the GQ forum for heretical notions regarding a famous playwright from Stratford-on-Avon. Wait till I tell them about the speed of gravity!!

Oh! I got a new Ford Ranger on Monday – that was nice and positive. Amazon Green! Ooh!

“Vandelay!! Say Vandelay!!”