Kitchen faucet head (attached to extendable, flexible hose) has disconnected. How to reconnect?

My kitchen sink faucet is (was?) a spray head connected to a flexible metal hose. Somehow, this came undone.

So now the spray head is disconnected. The hose retracted upon disconnection and is about 5-6 inches into the fixture. Shining a flashlight in, I can see the hose, still within the fixture.

So is there an easy way to get this thing out so I can reattach the head? I went under the sink, and can see the hose leading up into the fixture. Trying to push it up doesn’t quite work - it will move an inch or two, but I’m pushing vertically, the fixture runs more horizontally, and it won’t go.

Is there an easy way to get this hose extended through the fixture so I can reconnect? I was gonna bring some industrial tweezers (12") home from the lab but then reflected that they have been in contact with all sorts of chemicals. So my current plan is to buy a new pair of long-length tweezers and try to pull the thing through (the angle is still awkward so I don’t know if this will work.) If anyone knows an easy way, I’d love to hear it.

Is it possible to pull the hose out from underneath the sink, disconnect from angle stop, re-attach head, insert hose down from top, and re-attach to angle stop?

Pull the hose out from under the sink. Thread a wire or string* down the fixture’s tube from the top. Tape the hose to the string, and pull it back through. It might help to have a helper.

You may also be able to disconnect the faucet arm, and thread the hose through there while it’s disconnected, then reattach the arm.
*I like using a short length of chain attached to a string, the weight of the chain pulls the string straight through.

After one of these things breaking, and then the replacement hose breaking, I put in a regular faucet with the old-fashioned sprayer on the side.

You should be able to just push it back up from under the sink and screw the head back onto it.

If it’s just unscrewed. But it may be broken. It can be hard to tell until you try to screw it back in.