Knitting projects! (Or crochet. Or cross stitch Hell, any yarn projects!)

Thanks! And yes, that’s the back half of me.

I’ve not felted anything yet. I don’t work with wool much although for felting it’d be a lot of fun- just have to be for gifts as I’m horridly sensitive. I’ve seen a lot of beautiful felted bags, and being able to felt one’s own cloche would be fabulous!

I just pulled out my big tote o’ crochet stuff yesterday, and started in on a dishrag, which seems to be about the largest thing I can dependably count on myself to actually finish. I found a pattern for a scarf I want to try, but I don’t have a large enough hook(I do have 3 each of F, G, and H :rolleyes: ), plus I want to get some funky, fuzzy yarn for it.

Taking this opportunity to also say, Mirror Image egamI rorriM, you got talent! I got the beaded necklace you were nice enough to make for me in the mail today, and it’s gorgeous. I’ve already been complimented on it, in fact!

Heh, I don’t sew, but I have a mother-in-law who does. :smiley:

Even if I started it now, though, there’s no way that blanket would be done by the time the bambino arrives. I’ve got too much to do, and it’s just not knitting weather! Especially wool. I’m going to make a little cardigan, the first sweater I’ve ever attempted. I figure small is good, right? I got some Manos Cotton Stria in a lovely bright red, so if I don’t finish it for a few months (which is probably likely!), it will at least make a nice Christmas sweater for him. :wink:

Idlewild and phil412, felting is SO MUCH FUN! I love it – I’ve given felted bowls and purses as Christmas gifts the last few years, and everyone loves them. I’d start with something quick and easy, like the Sophie bag. I think I knit that up in 2 days the first time I did it. Manos del Uruguay felts beautifully, as does Cascade 220. Go for it!

…and, I finished it, and it’s awful. It was supposed to be square and it turned into a triangle. Stupid end stitches.

I’m currently finishing items I started, aka WIPs (Works In Progress) or UFOs (UnFinished Objects). I’m finishing an Anastasia afghan…the kit sold in a catalogue for $35 or so. I bought the book (on sale) & yarn (ditto) ten years ago, started it three years ago. The center is finished, only the gorgeous border to go! My daughter is giving birth in December, so baby clothes are next on my agenda. Quick tip: if you’re not working, & it’s too hot to craft during the day, sleep through the heat…nights are wonderfully cool (& everyone’s asleep).

Ms Pumpkin, so? Can’t triangles hold dishwater? Put it through the laundry & blame the dryer.

phil

Does that happen to you, too? I thought it was just me. No matter how careful I try to be it seems I am forever either adding or dropping a stitch at the end. Everything I crochet is all wobbly. :frowning:

I knit sort of well. My stitches are all nice and even and everything. But I am SLOW. If I started now I could have a really nice scarf by the winter of 2010 :smiley:

I bought a bunch of cross stitch and needlepoint projects to work on.

This one is the toughest and most intricate I’ve ever tackled by far. So, wish me luck. But, I’ve had my eye on it for a long time. I love Teresa Wentzler’s designs. If this one goes well there are only about a thousand more of hers that I’d like to do.

I have to get this one done first, but it’s teeny so it shouldn’t take more than a few days.

My Mom has a patriotic kinda thing going on in her family room, so I found this really cool needlepoint of the Statue of Liberty. It’s 16 x 16, so I am thinking of making it into a pillow when it’s finished (if I can figure out how).

Good luck! I started a Teresa Wentzler sampler years ago, when I was an ambitious beginner. I never finished it. It was very complex, with lots of thread blending. I’ll probably get it out again one day. It’s a good thing you always leave the date for last on those things.

Now I’m working on a Mary Hickmott design called “Belles of the Ball”. It’s easy to stitch but it’s pretty big and it’s going to take me forever. Here’s a pic of my work in progress, and the picture from the magazine.

I love the dragon shamrock.

It’s been awhile since I did cross-stitch mostly because I got out of crafting for a bit (during my wild years) and then when my son was born and started getting into things I felt that yarn and knitting needles would hurt less for him and not get quite so tangled as embroidery threads and needles… and even then recently he came up with a kit I’d given up on (the stitching was way too small, I kept making mistakes that were driving me batty so I just stopped… it was a Millenium kit too lol).

I have this chart and charms tucked away somewhere that I need to find (or else I’ll end up buying another, because I really want to do the sorceress). I’ve also got a really cute Australian teddy bear that came in a kit that I need to finish. I can’t find it online though, I forget who it’s by. It’s a Bears of the world series or something, as I had a similar one that is Mexican (iirc) from the same series of kits.

Idlewild – you can felt with any animal fiber – if you are wool-sensitive I would suggest Alpaca, it’s hypoallergenic.

Er, no. I’m everything sensitive. Alpaca definitely included. Which is why felting would be for gifties, which is no bad thing!

And bless Amy Singer for writing No Sheep for You, for all of us who just can’t be doing with that sort of thing.