Ladies and Gentlemen, from Toronto, Canada: RUSH

no shows even close to me posted yet! been a fan since “2112” was warm vinyl! actually, even earlier, when John Whozit was drummer. been to 6-8 shows. saw one in san diego on monday, and one the next day at the forum in LA. (power windows tour) They always put on a good show. hope to catch them this tour. probably in Sac or SFO, as they don’t come to the middle of nowhere.

Gato…

This is just the first leg. Two more are planned. The tour will probably last until 2003 if they keep their pattern up.

So keep hope alive!

Hell, the played the Quad Cities once. I thought I was a goner in Iowa City but they played right up the road!

Mrs. Smegma and I are making it a priority to see Rush this time!
Last tour, we had tickets, I arranged (months in advance) to have the night off work; comes the time, my employer tells me “Sorry, I know we promised you this night off, but we’re reneging.” Bastards. Needeless to say I found another job where the management would not lie to people about time off.

Well, Mrs. Smegma went with friends of ours and got me a baseball cap and a program. Nothing beats them live though. I’ve seen them in concert on every tour since Signals, except for the Hold Your Fire, Counterparts, and the Test for Echo (grrr!) tours.

Been a fan since I first heard Permanent Waves. The first song I learned on my guitar was “Limelight.” I listen to a pretty good variety of music, but I always go back to Rush.

Guys, I’m a Rush newbie. I’ve recently bought both volumes of “Retrospective”, and really enjoyed them.

Our local record store has a large selection of Rush CDs, so do you guys have any recommendations?

Ahhhhh…this makes the Rushgeekgirl very happy :slight_smile:

Hey Chance and Edward and any other Rush fans in the DC area, what do you guys say to having a Rushdope before the concert?

I’d suggest sitting together but I don’t think I can afford front row tickets like Jonathan (moneybags) Chance.

Minor Irritant, I think any album by Rush is a good recommendation, but everything from nineties on, Roll the Bones, Counterparts and Test for Echo,are my favorites as albums. My favorite songs by them came earlier in thier career (Red Barchetta, Spirit of the Radio, etc.) but as for complete albums thier nineties stuff are my favorites. BTW, is your name a spin off of the band Minor Threat?

Nice to hear another DC fan!

Since it’s at Nissan we should get there early and hang on prior to the show. Maybe listen to the sound check. That would work for me.

Hmmmm…a possible August date for Houston, huh? Looks like I found my birthday present! :smiley:

Thanks for the recommendations. Looks like it’s off to the record store for me…

I’ve never heard of Minor Threat. My name is a reflection of my personality, but I hope to mature into a Major Irritant someday…:smiley:

This sounds like a good idea to me. We could get a couple of seats together, but buying large amounts of tickets can mean worse seats. Though I’ve been on the lawn there and it’s really not too bad so I will probably just do that. We could do that, get a bunch of us together on the lawn.

And I can hang pre-show!

WARNING WARNING WARNING

Tix for the Nissan Pavillion show go on sale THIS SATURDAY at 10AM!

I’m SO there.

4 Ticket Limit for Orchestra
8 Ticket Limit elsewhere

Hee hee hee

They’re on sale already?! Shit, piss and corruption, now I gotta get up early tomorrow.

10AM is early?

I feel like such an adult.

I guess I’m going to have to wait until around 1 pm to get them. I have to be somewhere by 8 tomorrow. Oh well, I really do only want lawn anyway. Hope you get some front row seats JC. You are gonna let us share those right? :smiley:

You bastards.

Have fun. :slight_smile:

Offer stands Coldfire. Offer stands.

I’m going to try to pick up 4 orchestra seats tomorrow morning. If those are all gone I’ll get pavillion seats and hit a ticket agency.

I got mine! Anyone else?

No orchestra seats but about row 25 on Ged’s side.

WOO!!!

…Neil :stuck_out_tongue:
Alex :slight_smile: :smiley: Geddy

Howyadoin,

Anyways… like I was saying before I hit the bloody “Submit” button…

I’m going to the July12th show at the Tweeter Center near Boston… Does anyone know if tix have gone on sale yet for the Hartford date (tour opener)?

-Rav