Ladies farting/burping is sexy

There is no biological function that my wife and I cannot perform in front of each other, and it has always been so. I can’t say I find her farts cute, exactly, but there’s no reason to leave the room.

I think it is really cute if a girl burps in front of me, especially if she acts all embarrassed afterwards. A little burp after a good meal is cuter than a giant belch after chugging a beer, but I won’t hold it against her for doing the latter.

Sounds like us. We’ve had burping contests. And I don’t hold back if he’s in the same room. We’re cute newlyweds (for another three weeks!), so anything we do is cute, even farting in front of one another :stuck_out_tongue: .

We’re trying to learn to modify our behavior in preparation for children; otherwise, I can see our future child letting out a huge one at Grandma or Grandpa’s house and blaming it on the cat.

E.

I can outburp my wife any day. But she can outfart me. Any. Day. We’re quite the lovely couple. And no, it’s not sexy. But it is amusing.

My husband and I burp and fart in front of each other all the time (well, it seems like it sometimes, anyway). Sometimes he rates my belches - I have impressed him at times after drinking a quick soda. I rarely admit to farting, though - I believe in plausible deniability. As long as there’s a cat in the house, she gets the blame (even if not in the same room).

Totally cool to be comfortable around each other, agreed, but sexy… maybe not. My girlfriend and I were just having a great laugh over the fact that I lazily let one go the other night when I thought she was sleeping. Come to find out, she wasn’t, and just the way she let me know she heard me made me feel really comfortable and fall in love with her more. I certainly wouldn’t hold it against her in any way, but I don’t know if I’d want her to make a habit of it.

We were at a swim party with some friends of ours and their kids. The three-year-old, Max, was playing in the shallow end with his dad. Suddenly Max lets out a huge fart, then he looks at his dad and says, “Good one, Daddy!” :smiley:

No way. I don’t cut the cheese in front of Mr. Silver1 and never have. I always squire myself away to the bathroom - or at least another room - if one wants out of the body.

Mr. Silver1 does not now nor did he ever cut the cheese in front of me, but he’s belched loud enough for people on the eastern seaboard to hear him, sure enough. He and the eldest Silver1junior like to get into belching contests. :rolleyes:

Mr. Silver1’s nose is a little oversensitive. Spritzing the powder-fresh Glade after bathroom use is a habit of his and he highly appreciates it when I return the favor. :smiley:

This is the exact behavior we’d like to avoid :smack: :smiley: .

My husband blames things on our girl cat. I keep telling him it is physically impossible for her to have farted under the covers when she is asleep on the duvet on my FEET.

E.

It’s my belief there are other ways to show how comfortable you are around your SO (like sex, which is also more fun than burping, to boot), than to take care of smelly and/or messy bodily functions in their presence. In fact, I’d consider some of it downright rude, as though you didn’t like me enough to refrain, though accidents and emergencies happen of course. I suppose that sounds awfully uptight, but I honestly am not. I have no problem with any perfectly natural bodily function-- hanging around the SDMB would have taken care of any shyness or shame ages ago, if I’d had any to begin with. I just don’t want to have an audience or be an audience.

I also don’t need to go to the ladies’ room in a group. It’s not like I require someone to spot me. There have only been a handful of times I’ve found myself heading to the ladies’ room in a herd, anyway. We talked a little about hair, clothes, make-up, or the evening’s activities. What would we say about the men anyway? ‘Oooh, Diana you lucky bitch! Your Tony looks hung like a horse!’ Ermmmm, no. That stuff is saved for the date autopsy phone call the next day.

I blame the cat when she’s not even in the room. Like I said, plausible deniability, baby.

I’m kinda curious - is this another one of those differences between Americans and Canadians, that women don’t fart in front of their husbands and expect their husbands to return the favour, or are my husband and I just freaks?

My ex farted twice in front of me, once was when she was demonstrating that she could put her knees up beside her head when we were shagging. She couldn’t and didn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I’m in the US and many of my married US friends are the same way we are. I do have a few friends who would rather die than fart in front of their husbands. My best friend and her husband are our idols, though - they were my best friends in college (we were kind of like a non-sexual threesome when I was around), and I learned the art of belching in front of a boy when we were all together.

That’s a good question, though - I’ll have to ask a few of my Canadian friends their thoughts, too.

E.

I was married for 20+ years before my wife died a couple of years ago. I never once heard her fart, or even saw her go “#2” in the entire time we were married.

Holy crap, here I am mildly amused by this thread, then I came upon this post.

This is laugh-out-loud funny!

My boyfriend and I burp and fart in front of the other all the time. Like some others have said, it shows we’re really comfortable around each other. Besides, we both like the opportunity to tease the other one about how horrible it was. :wink:

I can only speak for myself, but I don’t drag along other women when I have to go to the bathroom. Have been a big girl for many years now and can do it on my own. :smiley:

Neither burping nor farting are sexy - I don’t care who’s doing the burping or farting.

That is too gross. Sign of comfort or not… if someone rips a fart around me… I think it is disrespectful. I can understand if it slips and is accidental… but if you KNOW you’ve gotta fart… go to the bathroom or to another room to do it. To choose to make me smell awful horrid fumes is rude. I live with a man who knows how grossed out I get by his farts that he thinks it’s hilarious to come up to me and wiggle his butt in my face when he’s gotta rip one. He’ll come up to me and wiggle his butt in my face and rip a big fart and giggle and giggle… it’s abusive. He does it because he knows it upsets me. It’s fun for him.

Whoa - what Snotbunny just posted is beyond the pale. Yikes.

But yeah, SpouseO and I do both in front of each other. We try to avoid farting in front of one another as much as possible, but sometimes one slips out. My burping, however, is getting a little outta hand - gotta try to tone that down in public. I’m not a good burper, and Mr. Snicks doesn’t mind, but I need to remember that it’s probably not appropriate behavior at a restaurant.