Lamest Star Trek Character?

Deanna Troi.

Mired in a sweaty mass of lameness.

I think it would have to be Spork, Spock’s long-lost gay brother.

“WHAT… does God need… with… a pink shirt?”

Okay, Kira is automatically disqualified from any “most lame” listings just because of the episode “Duet,” which is one of the best hours of drama on any Trek series. Brilliant writing, brilliant acting. That episode alone made me willing to overlook any amount of the endless, ENDLESS Kira/Odo crapola. Well… maybe not “His Way.” Nothing can excuse *that *one. shudder

Anyway, my picks:

The entire cast of “Enterprise,” aside from Trip and Phlox. Bland and whiny, the lot of them.

Both Trois, although Lwaxana was worse by far. Deanna was a pointless character who added nothing to the show except to fulfill the “hot chick” quotient (which Tasha Yar was doing just fine by herself, thank you very much), but Lwaxana was actually painful to watch.

Alexander annoyed me as a whiny kindergartener, and he annoyed me even more when he came back as a whiny teenager. He was the Klingon Anakin Skywalker, without the benefit of getting horribly maimed on camera at the end of the series.

I’ll defend Troi (Deanna - never Luwaxana). Yes, she was lame. But she was no lamer than most of the rest of the cast. Lamer than Dr. Crusher - who couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag? Lamer than smarmy Riker? Even Worf was horrible. Data was only not lame because everyone else sucked so much. The only indisputably not-lame character is Picard.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the show. It’s my favorite trek, and I love four out of six of those. But this is not a character-driven series.

TNG, in order of lameness (most to least):
Alexander - 100% pure lame
Luwaxana - excruciatingly lame
Wesley - the god of lame
Guinan - extremely lame
Dr. Crusher/Worf/Riker/Troi - all equally lame
Tasha/Geordi - (yawn) sorta lame
Data - a bit lame
Picard - not at all lame

Allow me to list some really old school lamers:

Lazarus - The Alternative Factor

Makora - The Apple

Tommy Starnes - And the Children Shall Lead

Dr. Sevrin - The Way to Eden

Dr. Janice Lester - Turnabout Intruder

:dubious:

Dr. “Bones” McCoy… “Dammit, Jim, I’m a doctor, not an actor!”

Sure people love him just for that campy delivery, but I mean c’mon, if he was acting here in a current show pulling off such a delivery, people would shred him a new one.

I borrowed the DVDs from a friend and have been watching the first 4-5 seasons of TNG lately. I must say that Wesley is far from being the lamest character.

Now Worf is lame. He is supposed to be a warrior but whenever there is a fight it seems he gets his behind spanked.

Lwaxana Troi is one of the most irritating characters IMO.

Yahh, I noticed that he got punked a lot for being such a badass. Pretty, pretty lame.

Hey hey hey, good byyyyee…

Oh yeah! I remember him!

'Nana Tucker? I can think of a great new ad campaign for Chiquita. :smiley:

I think Wesley is so lame, has reached such mythic impossible heights of lameness, that it is only fair to the other lame characters that he be retired from the field. Let him look down from his olympian throne as the Counselor, Guinan, Alexander, Neelix and others contest for the prize.

Yeah, good point. In fact, we could rename polls like this to Who Is the Wesleyest Character?

Lwaxana Troi was written to be an annoying, overbearing, buttinski mother. Remember Mona from Who’s the Boss?. Lwaxana is basically Mona as alien royalty. Every show has one of these moms, though they’re usually reserved for sit-coms.

Wesley Crusher originally got my lame pick, but the one thing that might be his saving grace is that he’s “special,” according to The Traveller. Basically, he’s your overeager teenage geek who would’ve gotten his lunch money stolen 400 years ago. :smiley:

I never really liked Dr. Pulaski. Something about about her just rubbed me the wrong way. I’m glad they wrote her out of the show early on.

Adam

She shoudda fallen down a turbolift shaft. Hated that character.
Never liked any Bajoran. Not even the star Bajoran on that lame spin off series Deep Babylon Nine (with sprinkles!).

I’m a Trekkeracist!

Okay, I liked Ro.

Who?

Lwaxana Troi isn’t lame so much as she is infuriating. Whenever I saw an episode featuring her, my anger would reach such an extent that it could only be heightened by the inclusion of zombies in the episode. I HATE zombies, but that’s neither here nor there.

Wesley’s lameness is so potent that the Star Trek gods have actually gotten some mileage out of it. Remember that episode when Wesley visits the Enterprise during a break from the academy? He acts like a dick to everyone, and everyone’s like: “Man, Wesley’s being a dick! I hate that fucker!” (I’m paraphrasing, of course). That was kinda cool. A friend of mine who used to play the ST:TNG card game said that the Wesley card was weak, but other cards could give it an only it special abilities, so it could be one of the best cards, in theory; except there’s another card, called “Wesley Gets the Pike”, which instantly kills Wesley, no ifs ands or buts. It has a picture of Wesley impaled on a pike, dead. Awesome! That actually happened in one episode, but Q saved him. Does that make Q lame for not letting Wesley stay dead? As a side note, I once stumbled across Wil Wheaton’s blog, and I’m pretty sure he himself isn’t lame.

Did Tom Paris ever do anything besides get totally whipped?

The more I think about it, the lamer Worf seems. Plus, he’s epically lame. Two-series lame. He thinks he’s some sort of big tough klingon warrior, but he’s the security chief. That’s like a security guard acting like he’s a real cop. Then he gets promoted to tactical officer. Big whoop. “Look at me, I stand at a console and push buttons! That makes me a warrior!”. No, Worf; it makes you a douche.

The Borg are pretty lame. You’d figure that after assimilating the knowledge of trillions of people, they’d be able to come up with something catchier than “You will be assimilated.”. Why don’t they get people to join them willingly? Because they’re lame. They’ve assimilated billions of people who think that the Borg are lame, yet they continue to be lame. That’s lame.

This post was way too fun to write.

Dr. Kate

A ref to her demise on LA Law.

Diana Muldaur

BLASHPHEMER!
Forget that one line, he was a pretty good actor. Better than anyone on Enterprise.

For me, the lamest character is 7 of 9. She was there to wear a catsuit and then to agonize over the “Am I human or a not” so we could rehash all the Data episodes.

B-4 (or was it B9? I can’t remember which lame name they went with) was really lame.