Lance Bass comes out of the closet on the cover of People

Story here.

“The thing is, I’m not ashamed – that’s the one thing I want to say,” he explains of his decision to come out. “I don’t think it’s wrong, I’m not devastated going through this. I’m more liberated and happy than I’ve been my whole life. I’m just happy.”

Shocked!! I am shocked, I tell you!!!

:smiley:

Who the hell is Lance Bass and why should I care whether or not he’s gay?

One down and four to go.

I think he was a New Kid On the Block? Or maybe a Backstreet Boy? Or maybe that other one with that Timberlake guy? One of those.

Is anyone surprised?

Hey, he’s dating Reichen, of Reichen and Chip, of The Amazing Race!

Damn. I’m horrified by my interest in this.

I’ve always kind of liked Lance Bass.

Hmm… I’m pretty sure someone, somewhere owes me $5 now.

Wasn’t he supposed to go into space or something a few years ago? Maybe he could still pursue that. Make history being the first out astronaut. Astron-out. Whatever.

I provided a link to an article to answer the first question. As for the second, because gay teenagers have this pesky tendency to kill themselves a lot. Every little bit towards reducing that figure helps, y’know?

Weird. I mean, I’m not surprised but I thought that if any of them were, it would’ve had to been Joey. Meh. Why even announce it, though? It’s not like he’s popular or even has a successful career anymore.

Oh, dear. I’d better be put on a suicide watch then.

Mmmmm…I think I have an alone-time date with me and an imaginarily gay Joey Fatone…

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that he was spotted in a gay bar recently with Reichen.

Well, I was. I’m glad it’s working out better for you.

He announced it so he could get some peace from the rumors, and establish that he is not ashamed or hiding.

Well, it does give him another 15 minutes of fame, or at least 15 seconds.

Now, if it turned out that he was really a woman and having a lesbian affair with Brittney Spears after duking it out with Federline on Sunset Blvd at 3am (who had to go to Cedar Sinai, details not released)…that would be interesting. At least for a moment. :smiley:

I didn’t even know there was a closet on the cover of People!

Lance Bass comes out the same day that Washington’s supreme court upholds the state’s DOMA. Gee, I wonder which one will get more airplay?

So, I was right. Boy bands are just so gay…

:smiley:

That is soooo funny!!! :smiley:

I think he was the fifth Monkee. Or maybe the sixth. Whatever.