Last Day: Breakfast

Eggs Benedict with about a cup of homemade hollandaise sauce, my special recipe home fries, and 3 (giant) glasses of the BLT Bloody Mary drinks from Hash House a Go Go in Las Vegas.

I’m going out drunk, full, and happy. :slight_smile:

Bacon.
More bacon.
A GOOD hash brown scramble, not the anemic types they serve at most restaurants.
More bacon.
German pancakes…the big, fluffy-crispy kind from the oven, not the crap some restaurants call german pancakes…with lemon and powdered sugar, and strawberry mash on the side just in case.
Good coffee.
Orange juice, just 'cause.
Big plate of sausage biscuits with sausage gravy…the good kind, not the…well, you know. :wink:
More bacon.

Oooh yeah, almost forgot…

More bacon, on a stick this time 'cause I’m gonna use it to stir my bloody mary with. :slight_smile:

Also, my husband’s chorizo and egg. I don’t like eggs, but I’ll eat his anyway 'cause they are yum.

Sounds good to me, but make my eggs over easy. And I’ll make my own gravy, thanks.

I can’t eat breakfast, the digestion process activates a “go lay down and sleep” switch in my brain. However, if it was my last meal, I think I would go with that old staple on my bucket list:
an ostrich egg! Scrambled or an omelet, please, with grated Swiss cheese. Bacon AND breakfast sausage on the side, buttered Italian bread toast, the ‘good’ orange juice, and of course coffee.

2 scrambled eggs
Pile of shredded cheddar cheese to top the eggs
A big plate of my mom’s biscuits and gravy (made with bacon grease, not sausage)
½ Pound of bacon
2 spicy sausages
2 good sized slices of country ham, soaked for no more than 20 minutes before frying

This morning’s breakfast wasn’t bad, either: a fresh, flaky croissant from the bakery down the street; split and lightly toasted, buttered and piled with scrambled eggs and bacon. We do this once a week, usually on Sunday, but yesterday was buttermilk pancakes.

A smoked salmon and goat’s cheese omelette with fresh OJ, and a proper scone with jam and clotted cream with a pot of Earl Grey tea.

I’d tend to the latter myself except our local breakfast place has it down to, if not a T, then at least to an R.

I’d place yesterday’s breakfast right up there: egg, sausage, cheese and pepper strata, hash browns, English muffin with wild huckleberry jam, Screwdriver. My wife has that down to a fine art.

Mmmmmm… Can I come eat breakfast with you and yours? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehe, me too Also, if I don’t eat until I’m actually hungry or feeling the need for food, I won’t eat until at least 1 in the afternoon. Add to that the ‘once I start eating, I’m hungry until bed time’ thing, and yeah. I don’t eat in the mornings; coffee’s enough.

The times I’ve kinda HAD to eat early, I’ve found that sticking with meat proteins and avoiding carbs altogether helps a little. Chicken in morning, chopped and stirfried real quick with some peppers, is awesome. Why people thinking that chicken for breakfast is any weirder than eggs for breakfast is beyond me.

Hmm, let’s see…

Pancakes with pure Quebec maple syrup. Keep 'em coming until I tell you to stop.

Bacon, crispy but not crumbly.

Hash brown potato patties.

A few crepes with ice cream filling.

One little sausage with some ketchup to dip it in. (Sorry to put you to the trouble for just one, but it’s my last breakfast after all! :slight_smile: )

A couple glasses of milk to drink. That should do it, thanks!

Last minute addition! A few slices of lightly toasted bread, and a little more ketchup, so I can make myself a bacon sandwich!

How does that compare with Vermont maple syrup?

Sirop.