Latest 'Simpsons' jumped the shark thread with cliches

The Simpsons are still fantastic, but unfortunately my work hours have changed so I don’t get to see the new episodes on Sunday nights. It’s times like this I wish I had Tivo. And I second getting rid of American Dad and bringing back Futurama, FWIW.

I hate it when people compare TV shows to Fawlty Towers. It’s not really a fair comparison since the show only made 12 episodes over four years. I’d rather have 12 great episodes of MAS*H or The Simpsons or whatever mixed in with 20 good episode and 30 average ones over the course of a couple years than just 12 episodes, period.

I glad to report that my sense of humour has never been lost. It is in place and in good working order. I love comedy and sitcoms. Recently( this century) I have been watching ‘The Office’,‘Daily Show with Jon Stewart’. I have watched a lot of stand-up including Eddie Izzard and Lewis Black.
The team of ‘talented creative people’ make get a jolt by putting on a new show. They may produce more shite. But give it a try at least.

• as for comparing to ‘Fawlty Towers’. What is wrong with comparing to the best ?

Sure the Simpsons decline over the last several years is massive, but it is still inifinitely better than King of Queens or Two and Half Men, or whatever crap sitcoms are hit these days. And the last several years did provide two really good jokes:

Waiter at Japnese restaurant to Lisa: Is there any way we can make your dining experinece more pleasurable by killing an animal?

Lenny to Moe: I thought Leprechauns lived in Ireland. How did they get here?
Moe: They hide in the wheel wells of Aerlingus jets.

Sorry, I still contend that your post is obnoxious.

a) You admit that this topic has been “done to death”, but yet have nothing new to add to the argument except:

b) “Let’s start a movement to cancel the show”. As most others say, a bad Simpsons episode is better than most other things on TV

c) “in Season 92 episode 59 there was one good joke” is a laughable hyperbole. Almost no one disputes that the quality of the show has gone down. However, I’ve already given several examples of what I think are great episodes from the last 8 seasons. “Linguo, dead?” “Linguo is dead!”

d)
Bart: Hey, I know it wasn’t great, but what right do you have to complain?
CBG: As a loyal viewer, I feel they owe me.
Bart: What? They’re giving you thousands of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe you? If anything, you owe them.
CBG: [pauses] Worst episode ever.

Fantastic point. I want the option of liking them or not!