[QUOTE=dangermom]
Thanks, Tom, for working so hard to keep this thread civil and on-topic.
The reason that I am not participating on the other thread, or in any other screaming matches, is that no one is particularly interested in actually discussing the issues or listening to anything I have to say. Screaming and shouting is not all that interesting to me; I’ve had plenty, and I’ve heard all the objections. You’re not telling me anything new, I promise.
And I think I’ve mentioned that I’m on a family visit and don’t have much time to address the serious questions I’ve been asked. If someone wanted to actually engage in a discussion about archaeology, I would have to put it off to another time anyway, because it’s two days before Christmas and my in-laws will be here in a little while (we are at my BIL’s house). And it’s been awhile since I’ve read up on the latest news; my books are at home, where I am not. Not that anyone wants to hear about them anyhow.
So; I’m more than happy to try to help people understand LDS theological thought. I’m not interested in screaming or pile-ons today. You could always go back and look up my posts from years past or search up some Mormon threads; we’ve covered it before, at great length and tedium.
And lastly, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have no race or color that I know of. As glorified beings, they are a bit different than that. Christ was, of course, Jewish in mortal life, and presumably looked it.
[/QUOTE]
But if Jesus and God the Father have physical bodies (your words, not mine), they must be covered with skin. Or how does one have a physical body without skin?
Secondly, I have a number of questions to ask you on the other thread, but since you refuse to go there, I guess my questions will remain unanswered.
I do have one question, but I have no idea if Tomndeb will consider it theological or not. But here goes. As a gay person, I know that the vast majority of Mormons believe in the criminalization of my sex life, although the Utah sodomy statutes were struck down by the US supreme court along with all the other similar state laws a couple of years ago. I live with a partner of 30 years. We just got legally married here in Canada. I just wondered, dangermom, if my partner and I were to visit Utah and if the soomy statutes were still in force, what prison would you and your fellow Mormons like to see us incarcerated in?
BTW, I would never ask that Mormons be jailed. Respect is supoposed to be a two-way street.