Legal question in regards to C&R or FFL licenses

I was researching how to aquire a C&R license, so as to facilitate my (hopefully) growing collection of Soviet Era firearms.
When I mentioned this to a gun savvy friend, he said I shouldn’t do it, as it gave the BATFE carte blance to inspect my home with no warrant, whenver they wanted.

Is this true? I haven’t managed to find any information that that is the case.

Looking forward to hearing from your legal eagles! :smiley:

I have my 03 FFL.

The BATFE does not have the right to come into your house at anytime to inspect your firearms. They are allowed to look through your bound book and any firearms you acquired with your C&R once a year but they have to make an appointment and it can be done either at your place or their place. And this only applies to firearms acquired with the 03 license. They can not look at your non-C&R collection.

And thank you very much Amp, that’s pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

It’s going to be the best $30 you’ve ever spent. I’ve only ordered one firearm with mine but with FFL’s around here charging $35 to $50 for a transfer it has already paid for itself. And there is nothing like seeing the UPS man walking up to your door with an extremely long package. It’s like Christmas all over again.

An additional benefit is that in my state, a FFL is a requirement to own any NFA weapons, and a C&R qualifies. :smiley: