LEISURE SUITS REVIVAL?

Remember the 1970’s-diso music, wide ties and lapels, etc. There was also a wierd men’s outfir called a leisure suit. It was a jacket and pants, usually in some color shade unknown in nature, and worn by (usually) retirees and recently released mental patients.
I have a closet full of these things (my mother insisted on buying them for me)-all in great condition (never worn).
I think we are in for a '70’s revival (witness movies like “Studio 54”)- is my collection likely to be woth something-or should I just drop the whole load off at the local Salvation Army Store?

I don’t think I could handle panhandlers in leisure suits.

Omigod, Gene, you could make a fortune–just head to NY or San Francisco (whichever’s closer) and sell those things to a trendy second-hand store! '70s revival idiots will spend thousands on 'em! I still have my huge platform disco sandals, that I’m thinking of giving to a museum (too old and breakable to wear them–me, that is, not the shoes).

Speaking of hideous reival clothes, has anyone actually BOUGHT one of those zip-up “tech vests” that Old Navy and The Gap are desperately trying to shove down our throats? Judging by the barrage of print and TV ads, they must have bought a billion of them and are getting nervous . . . “Oh, Magic!”

Hey Polly! Hey, Ester! Come on out, this guy gene says the 70’s are coming back!

Macho, macho man
I want to be…a macho man…

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

I just removed the “POLICE” ID panel from my traffic control vest and voila!!! OLD NAVY TECH VEST!!! Whooo hooooo, I’m on the cutting edge of style!!! Now if I can find the guts to wear this off-duty…

“…send lawyers, guns, and money…”

Warren Zevon

Well, that was stupid. Put on my modified, pseudo-Old Navy “tech vest” on movie weekend with my wife. She burst my bubble and said, “You’re 40 years old, now go put on some Dockers.” (sigh)

“…send lawyers, guns, and money…”

Warren Zevon