Let it be known by one and all that that was one tasty chicken sandwich

I have just eaten the best chicken sandwich I have ever tasted. I don’t know why it turned out so well - it wasn’t a special sandwich; only standard ingredients except for maybe the torn basil. But it had exactly the right balance of tangy savoury meaty deliciousness; after I finished eating it I had to sit back and reminisce about it for a while. And then I had to tell the world! So now you know about my sandwich.

Today, for the first time ever, I made a sandwich with avocado, alfalfa sprouts, leaf lettuce, cream cheese, mayo, and some salt and pepper. I’m not normally one to enjoy food that doesn’t include some manner of sweet, delicious meat, but there you have it.

Sounds lovely. There’s nothing like a good sandwich.

Call me old-fashioned, but to me, a sandwich starts with meat between two slices of bread and adds other ingredients. Those you mention sound great as accompaniments but not the main course.

Therefore, a cheese sammich ain’t a real sammich. Cheese is something you add to enhance the experience.

Maybe we need a name for your kind of treat. An un-sammich? Sammich minus one?

If you take away the cream cheese, add some cheddar or gouda, and some tomatoes and cucumbers, you have one of my favorite sandwiches.

Do you have a Jimmy John’s anywhere near you? They’re the ones responsible for the mana.

How’ bout a sammichish?

I am also a sandwich person. Truly there is nothing quite as delectable as a good sandwich and a beverage!

My favorite.

Crusty sourdough bread lightly toasted

Thin sliced very rare roast beef

Thin slice of of red onion

Beautiful slice of fresh perfectly ripe red tomato right off the vine

Some thin slices of red pepper steak (if desired)

Light spread of Hellmans or Kraft mayo - no generic store brands!

Fresh ground pepper

Green leaf Lettuce - no iceberg

Press together

Munch… Ahhhhh!!!

I beg to differ! A cheese sandwich is indeed a sandwich, but it isn’t a sammich until it’s grilled.
Although there is an Italian market nearby that makes a wonderful sub sandwich with cheese and it doesn’t need to be grilled. They bake their own bread, so it’s an entire small loaf of fresh bread. They put on some romaine lettuce, then several big globs of real mozzarella cheese*, fresh perky tomatoes, diced roasted red peppers and a slaw of some other kinds of green in a vinagrette sauce. It’s probably one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had and it does not need any meat.

*That’s real mozzarella, the soft white creamy cheese that bears no resemblance to the slab of pencil eraser that passes itself off as mozzarella cheese in the grocery store.

Dammit, now I’m going to have to go make a sandwich. And it won’t be anywhere near as good as any of these. Need to shop when the next paycheck comes in.

The thread title took me to the apartment:

[Samuel L. Jackson voice] Now that is one tasty burger. What’s it called?

A Kahunaburger![/voice]

Q: When is a sandwich a sammich?

A: When it’s grilled.

Awrat, ya dirty rat, ya gonna come clean, now y’hear? Or ya’ll get this hot light in your face all night long! Ya’ll melt til ya sing…

:smiley:

Needs chicken :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually it sounds delicious.

I tried adding avocado to my chicken sandwich yesterday, and it was good, don’t get me wrong, but it was not the sublime experience that today’s chicken sandwich was. God damn, but that was a delightful snack!