Let's have it...sourdough recommendations in SF

This thread does not apply to those who are not inclined to share their toys or their sources out of shameless selfishness. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tell me who has the best, and where I can find them. Pretty Please?

The best sourdoughs aren’t made by the big companies like Boudin and Colombo. Artisan bakeries like Acme make much better bread. You can get Acme bread at the Ferry Building Marketplace.

Semifreddi’s also makes good sourdough, but not as good as Acme in my opinion.

Colombo sucks, I agree, but Boudin is pretty damn good. Haven’t had Acme, but I might have to track some down if it’s better than Semifreddi.

You should also hit the farmer’s markets, there are often small bakeries selling bread there. There’s one near city hall, and another in the southeast part of the city, near 280 and Ocean Ave. (don’t remember the exact place, sorry.)

I came in here thinking that the ‘SF’ stood for science fiction.
That is all. :slight_smile:

Having visited San Francisco in March, I have to recommend the Ferry Building Marketplace as one of the highlights of the trip. Definitely go, ideally on Saturday so you can experience the awe-inspiring farmers’ market!

Thanks y’all. :slight_smile:

Yes, definitely Acme. They make the best bread I’ve ever eaten. The baker started at Chez Panisse and the restaurant uses his bread.

Me too–the OP was mystifying.

Daniel