...Leverage to return in "reimagined" show, four cast to return

Just watched episode 7. Wow, that was dumb as it gets.

Leverage was always a fun and lighthearted show and featured a great ensemble cast with: Timothy Hutton playing the ‘mastermind’, Beth Riesgraf as the ‘thief’, Christian Kane as the ‘hitter’, Gina Bellman as the ‘grifter’ and Aldis Hodge as the ‘hacker’. So I was delighted when I heard they’ve started streaming the first half season of ‘Leverage: Redemption’.

What do you think of the show so far, do you think they’ve managed to recapture the magic of the original? Do you feel Timothy Hutton’s absence diminishes the show? How about the new characters they’ve introduced?

There’s already a thread on this -

Leverage was always a fun and lighthearted show and featured a great ensemble cast with: Timothy Hutton playing the ‘mastermind’, Beth Riesgraf as the ‘thief’, Christian Kane as the ‘hitter’, Gina Bellman as the ‘grifter’ and Aldis Hodge as the ‘hacker’. So I was delighted when I heard they’ve started streaming the first half season of ‘Leverage: Redemption’.

What do you think of the show so far, do you think they’ve managed to recapture the magic of the original? Do you feel Timothy Hutton’s absence diminishes the show? How about the new characters they’ve introduced?

Finished the first 8. I’m missing Hardison a lot. Specifically, I’m missing the Hardison-Parker-Eliot chemistry and banter.

I like Breanna. She’s a lot like Hardison was at the beginning, only with less self-confidence. But hey, one does not simply step into Alec Hardison’s shoes.

Don’t care much about Harry. He’s good, but he’s not really Leverage good.

I most liked the card-game episode and the fake-mastermind episode. They were quirky enough to be fun and logical enough to make sense (once you understood what was happening). Plus, I liked the role of the Shkreli stand-in. I wanted to punch the dude, too.

Didn’t like the haunted house episode or the AI episode. The first was just dumb, and the second was boring.

Episode seven, The Double-Edged Sword Job, which is the AI one, was just badly written. It was a decent idea, very poorly executed.

Both written by the same writer.

More dumb than season 5? The Gimme a K Street Job, The DB Cooper Job, The Low Low Price Job, The Toy Job. Those were incredibly stupid.

Enduring the latter part of season five makes me more forgiving of weaker new episodes. :slight_smile:

It also recycled a lot of plot elements from Season 3, Episode 2, “The Reunion Job”, which I thought was a much cleverer implementation of the idea of hacking the programmer instead of the program.

The Halloween episode in particular really made me wonder about the production history of Redemption. IMDbTV has commercials, but not as many as broadcast TV or basic cable, and of course doesn’t have the arbitrary one-hour blocs. Yet Redemption seemed to be produced to fit that programming format. There were a couple of episodes with particularly jarring “commercial breaks” with no commercials. And the Halloween episode really seemed to be a standard old-school holiday-themed filler episode to be aired around the time of the holiday

And how could I forget the steaming pile of bullshit called “The (Very) Big Bird Job”?

I did. I’d completely wiped it from my mind. My god but that was dumb.