Life is Beautiful in Shrek?

On IMDB’s entry for Life is Beautiful, it says that it is referenced in Shrek. I assume this means one of the parodies Shrek has, for example the ‘Matrix’ fight scene with Robin Hood or Snow White.

But where is a reference to LIB in the movie?

I don’t know, but I was wondering the same thing. The three bears? The whole thing when they’re carting off the fairy tale theatres did seem awfully reminscient of sending people off to concentration camps- I mean, when you think about it.

I didn’t see Life Is Beautiful, but I believe the mother of the little boy did not survive. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. If I am right, however, you might be able to stretch to the three bears to fit. In the bedroom scene in Fahrquad’s castle (with the magic mirror replaying the Princess Fiona scene), the mama bear is quite clearly visible as a rug. She even still has the bow on top of her head.

The dad dies in Life is Beautiful.

[SPOILERS FOR LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL FOLLOW, though I guess if you saw KarlGrenze’s reply it’s spoiled anyway]

Kaylasdad, at the end of LIB, the father dies but the mother survives.

I thought of another possible reference- In “LIB,” Guido is constantly saying, “Bonjorno Principessa!”- or “Good day, Princess” to Dora, whom he loves. And Shrek falls in love with a princess.

<Kids in the Hall Reference> COINCIDENCE!?!?</Kids in the Hall Ref>