List of Names of same origin in Christianity, Judaism and Islam

I am looking for a list of names that are common to the Abrahamic religions : (Islam, Judaism and Christianity)

For example :

Abraham and Ibrahim, David and Javed, Solomon and Suleiman …

Bonus Question

Why did the pronunciation of the above names diverge ?

They also diverged, even within the same faith. John, Juan, Johann, Giovanni, Ivan, Jean, Ion – simply because people who speak various languages find it easier to pronounce words within the same phonetic system that their language uses. Then they respelled to match phonetic consistency.

#2 - What he said. It’s not a religion thing, it’s a language thing.
#1 - Get a concordance of the bible and look at the whole “Names” section. Done.

Where can I find the concordance of the bible ? an online link will be appreciated. It has the Islamic “equivalent” names too ?

Not to mention that biblical names are transliterated from and into other alphabets than their native ones.

I was actually thinking of a printed version, like in a library or bookstore. But it turns out they are online too. I googled “concordance names” and here is one that came up: http://www.abibleconcordance.com/Hitchcock.htm

But you’re right about the Arabic. I guess an English-Arabic dictionary might help. or try “Google Translate”. But those will work only if you can read Arabic. Sorry, I’m out of ideas.

It can be both a language and a religious thing. I lived in a city where people spoke the exact same language, but where half were Christian and half were Muslim. They were named accordingly. It was a revelation when I realized all the exotic Muslim names were actually variations of quite familiar ones.

** even sven**, you’re right, and I should have realized it. Here in the USA, we’re all speaking English, yet some Jews prefer the Hebrew form of their name. A group of friends can easily contain both an Abraham and an Avraham, and other such pairs.

Baby Name books/sites are rich with variations, often with their own links, that you can follow up on. For example, from website “Think Baby Names”:

**Jacob **has 52 variant forms: Cob, Cobb, Cobby, Giacamo, Giacobbe, Giacobo, Giacomo, Giacopo, Hamish, Iacopo, Iacovo, Iago, Iakob, Iakobos, Iakov, Jaap, Jack, Jaco, Jacobo, Jacobi, Jacobus, Jacoby, Jack, Jackie, Jacko, Jacky, Jacobo, Jacobus, Jacques, Jacquet, Jago, Jaime, Jake, Jakeb, Jakie, Jakob, Jakov, Jakub, James, Jamesie, Jamey, Jamie, Jamsey, Jay, Jayme, Jim, Jimmie, Seamus, Shamus, Yakov, Yakup and Yaqub.
Read more at http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Jacob#dRcybovaAwAydaVF.99