Literary Acronyms Game

I posted this game a few years ago in Cafe and it was mildly popular. Now that we’ve got everyone that loves games together, I thought I’d try it again.

Here’s how it works. Provide a word whose letters may form an acronym which either describes or refers to a work of literature or film. Game players come up with words for which each letter stands, then provides the title of the work.

For example: W H A L E
White, Huge: Ahab’s Lifelong Enemy … Moby Dick

In this example, the word “whale” is the work’s central image. Words can be totally random, and offer game-players the opportunity to describe a surprising aspect of a work that might or might not be immediately apparent. Like …

T E E T H
They Enable Erstwhile Technician’s Horror … The Red Dragon

To get us started, here are a couple from me. Don’t forget to give the work you’re describing, and add your own.

1. D A R K

2. L O V E

No one wants to play? cry

1. D A R K

Dismal Anecdotes Regarding Kids … Running With Scissors

Going for “dark humor.”

Play?

I love the idea, but I’m snowed under with actual work today – will check back in later.

Good – I hope you will! <tries to lure in new people>

1. M O N E Y

I’d like to buy a vowel please.

I’m trying to think of novels I’ve read where money is an important factor. I’m a bit lost.

Oh, books, films, songs, TV shows – whatever!

M O N E Y

Moronic, Obnoxious Noodge Exclaims YoureFired! - The Apprentice
… so I cheated a little.

R E A L I T Y

R E A L I T Y

René Experiences A Little Insecurity… Thinking? Yes. - Descartes’ Meditations on First Philosophy

This is hard! :frowning:

D R E A M S

Dramatic Ramifications Emerge At Myopic Society - this is a bit of a cheat, applies to pretty much any work featuring thinly disguised social commentary.

D O M E D

Destiny Of Magician Emerges Dangerously–Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (though really, this could apply just as well to the first or fourth book.)
M A Z E

Misled Adolescent Zealous Enactors … Mazes and Monsters

O S T E N T A T I O N

Once Seen, There Existed No Tangible Assets To Inhibit Owner’s Nakedness–The Emperor’s New Clothes
F I S H

Fanatical Ichthyological Siblings. Hot. — A River Runs Through It

S L E E P

Step Lightly, Eternal Evil Preys – The Call of Cthulhu

S C O R N

Scarlett Can’t Overcome Raiding Northerners – Gone With the Wind
R A B B I T S

R A B B I T S

Remarkable Anthropomorphized Bunnies, Bigwig Is The Shit! – Watership Down
H E A D A C H E

He Eats And Drinks And Clubs His Enemys. - The Untouchables

S H E E T

Stephen Hawking Explains Eternity Thoroughly – A Brief History of Time

B A S E B A L L

Boob-Alicious Sarandon Entertains Boys Always Longing (for the big) League — Bull Durham
OK I cheated a little. Sue me. :stuck_out_tongue:

**P E A R L **

Prizewinning East Asian Relationship Literature–The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck

C A N I N E