Little life and/or sanity saving tips

This is very, very smart, imo. I have similar “go bags” ready, but my meds are in a single drawer which at “go” time, will get dumped into a zippered pack (stored on the shelf above). Like you, I keep a 3 month advance supply of all meds, but kept screwing up the inventory management when part of it was downstairs in the bug-out supplies. I finally gave up and moved them all to a single location for normal use, with the goal of scooping everything into one bag, and sorting out the dates later should I need to flee. My permanently packed bug-out bags have freeze dried food, tools, flashlights etc., along with digitized copies of all finance documents and our entire photo/video collection. Each month’s computer backup includes making copies for the portable hard drives in the go bags.

Reading your post brought up a deficiency in my planning, and I’ve corrected it now. My list of docs/meds/dosages would end up on the backup drives when bugging out. It makes more sense to have a hard copy printed and in the go bag already. Done. Thanks for the reminder!

Foodgawker.com … seaarchable compilation of hundreds of daily food bloggers.

OMG! Thanks! I think I will pull the trigger and buy a slow cooker. Working 60-80% of the time, and going into winter, I see a lot of possibilities. I want pear butter. (Yes, not lunch, but YUM.)

Already printed out two recipes. Husband may or may not approve.

If you’re getting a slow cooler @Die_Capacitrix I recommend an Instant Pot. In fact, that could be an entry item for this thread: “get yourself an I.P.”

There’s some threads in Cafe Society with more info, to avoid hijacking this one any more than I already did.

Remember my father’s words to live by: “If you don’t paint it the first time, you never paint it a second time.”

RE losing glasses.

I wear glasses only for reading - do not need for watching TV, driving - just reading.
I read a lot in my life - computers, books, supermarket labels, instructions, phones.

Buy a chain and wear your glasses around your neck. They are always with you.

My kids say “That makes you look old, Dad”. My reply is “I am old. That’s why i need glasses”.

Thanks, I strongly believe I read it here on the dope!

Absolutely seconded.

Take a bit of time to read up on the model as well. I have the duoSV, which I learned later is not compatible with the air fryer accessory.