Locke [SPOILERS]

Anyone else get a chance to catch this one, yet? It was submitted to some film festivals last year, and made its appearance through limited release in the US recently.

A friend took me to see it this weekend, and I walked in not knowing a thing about it other than that the whole movie was supposed to be Tom Hardy in a car. It sounded extremely gimmicky, and I found it hard to believe that could hold anyone’s interest for 90 minutes. Suffice to say I was VERY pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed basically everything about this movie – the pacing, the acting, the way the tension was strung throughout. Everything, really.

Who else has seen this? If you haven’t, go!

Let’s please save spoilers beyond the first page, if we could.

I enjoyed it, too. It’s amazing how you can use what could be a gimmick (guy on the phone for an hour and a half) and make a real character study.

I really liked how they captured reactions that were nuanced and realistic. Only one aspect struck me as a little clumsy (the conversations with the father), but I understood why they were there.

I guess I’ll give this a one-time bump. I’m a little surprised NO ONE else on this board has seen this movie (or is at least willing to comment on it).

I saw it a week ago and really liked it. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but it kept me interested the whole time. Part of that was definitely Tom Hardy, there are few actors I think who could have pulled the role off. Some of the reviews I’ve read have criticized the cinematography, saying they could have done more, but I wasn’t bothered by that.

I’m not sure doing more would have been advisable. It seems that the spare, somewhat grainy look added to the realism. Or maybe that’s just me.

I agree. This is a film that would be hurt by slickness and added outside scenes. Since no spoilers about the plot are allowed I’ll just say I think it’s one of the best movies I’ve seen so far this year, but it joins an already long list of fantastic movies.

Since it’s been almost a month since the beginning of the thread, I’ll say go ahead and spoil away.

I saw “Locke” a while back, for the first time. Incredible film. Prior to seeing this, I would never have thought a movie about a guy driving in a car & having numerous conversations on a cellphone would be that interesting.

However, this movie was amazing - Tom Hardy was great as the guy who was going through numerous personal & professional crises (and fighting a cold on top of this) and still never really losing his cool. You really felt sorry for him by by the end of the film, and wanted things to work out for him.

I also found out more about mixing cement/concrete from this film than I would have thought possible.

I saw it a couple years ago (helloooo zombie!) Good movie, but it hasn’t lasted particularly well in my memory. I’d still go for Phone Booth if I wanted to watch a movie about a person dealing with issues in a confined space.

I saw it too. It was presented in real time, and it’s about someone whose life is totally collapsing around him, and all of it is his fault.

It was mesmerizing. A man trying desperately to “man up” as it were, but failing on all fronts. If doing the right thing costs you your career and your wife and your kids, is it still doing the right thing?

Oh, and always use C6 grade concrete!

I always wondered about that. Does he mean C60 (cube strength)? And is that suitable for a 55-storey skyscraper?

I’m sorry but watching this movie only qualified me as a level 3 site foreman, so I can’t answer this question.

I was thinking of having someone put a retaining wall in, but now I realize that I can do it myself with the power of Locke!

This was the movie that turned me into a crazed Tom Hardy fan boy.