Long Time Reader, First Time Pitter. (Very Mild, though)

Another scientologist sock/troll comes here to spread the lies, and gets mad when one of us real Straight Dopers- in a real effort to fight instead of spread ignorance- posts the truth. :mad:

Kudos to Exapno Mapcase.

I don’t know what a sock is. I know what a troll is though.

If you read the thread, you can’t be serious.

If you’re serious, then you didn’t read the thread, and you are therefore dumb for posting here. Dummyhead.

-FrL-

Oh, I figured out what a sock is: Sock puppet account - Wikipedia

You’ll find no socks on me.

Are socks illegal on these boards? I’m betting they are. So let’s take it to the admins, why don’t we?

-FrL-

I thought I was S.O.L. as to there being any way for me to effectively answer an accusation of puppeteering.

(What an interesting challenge, BTW. I guess the best thing is thought to be just ignoring the accusation, but I’m hoping for a more positive approach.)

Then I got to thinking: I could provide links to other online identities of mine at other online forums, and provide material there sufficient to show that, indeed, the identity linked to is the same person as I am. This might have been a good way to answer the accusation because I’m pretty sure if someone read a sampling of my posts both here and at the other discussion form I participate in alot, and if one saw my myspace page, one would get a decent picture of “who I am” and would see that to accuse me of puppetry is… kind of just funny.

So I was going to show you my online identity here: http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org/v/index.php. I am known as The Sarcastic Fringehead and in the “Test Posts” forums you’ll see proof that I am that person. I was going to link you to a list of all my posts there–which would show that I am a liberal Christian with a strong moral sense and usually with a careful philosophical bent though given to flights of speculation when the mood hits! (but speculation that is, fundamentally, careful not to get carried away with itself!)–but alas, you have to register on that forum in order to see that list.

So that bombed, unless people want to actually register over there.

And as I said, I was going to show you my myspace page, which doesn’t really have that much personality-identifying material, but hey, every bit helps. Unfortunately, myspace.com is down right now! Just my night.

(They provided a nice “pacman” applet for me to entertain myself while waiting for them to get their boards back up, though. That’s pretty awesome.)

The only other online identity I have is my personal blurb at the website of the philosophy department in which I am a grad student. But I’ve decided that, since from that link people would be able to track me down a little too closely (as in, if someone wanted to, they could based on that link probably make mean phone calls or show up at my doorstep. Not that I actually think anyone would–but, someone could and that’s a little scary to me)*, I’ve decided not to post that link after all.

And those are all the options I can think of.

So I guess I’m S.O.L. after all. Awwww…

-FrL-

*For all I know, though, someone could do that anyway just because I’m here. I don’t know how secure this place is… yikes.

People! Please!
Take a step back, a deep breath and repeat after me:

grease is my friend … grease is my friend … grease is my friend…

Dude, calm down.

No, socks aren’t allowed here. No, I don’t believe you’re a Scientologist. However, I don’t think you understand just how fucked up the whole thing is.

I may be remembering wrong, but I’m pretty sure in this thread and/or the other I am on record as having said Scientology is totally bonkers. Or words to that effect.

Here’s what you sound like to me:

Suppose I said, (now, read the whole thing now!)

Q: “Hey, that guy over there just told me that when he hits that button, a little demon runs from the button to the light on the ceiling, and lights a torch inside it, and that lights the room. Now, the whole demon thing is nuts. Bonkers, of course. But about 25 percent of the time, when he hits that button, that light comes on, sure enough. I think there must be a wire or something connecting them, with a short in it or something.”

Now suppose someone said in response,

A: “Dude, that guy you’re talking about is a demonologist. Demonology is insane. You are a freak for even bringing this up. Don’t you know how messed up demonology is?”

I assume you find such a response as A: to be a bad one, in more ways than one.

Well, That response seems analogous to the kind of response you are offering me in your last post and in parts of your other post(s) in this thread.

-FrL-