Long-time Seattle people, I need your brains...

I know, for 99% sure, that 15-20 years ago there was a horrible case around here (in Federal Way) where someone bought an abandoned storage locker and found the corpses of the wife and two kids of the former renter (moved out of state - to Florida?). His new wife had stopped paying for the space, it got auctioned off, buyer finds bodies wrapped in black plastic, with a little altar even.

It was big news around here, but I can’t find anything about it on the local newspaper websites and I’m not sure what would be the best search terms on google.

Anybody else remember it? Do you remember the name of the guy? Can you help me find anything about it online?

From http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=jail13m&date=20020813:

“Mark Bender, who killed his wife and children in 1980 and left their remains in a Federal Way storage locker for 12 years.”

That’s all I could find. You’ll probably need to hit the library for archives.

Just glad to see this thread is not about MerryMagdalen becoming a zombie. I’ll move along now…

That’s weird. The same thing happened in the Boston area a few years ago (it was in Somerville I believe and the perpetrator was the wife).

Wait six months and then bump the thread for no reason. :wink:

Is this the case?
Bodies found
guilty plea
sentencing

From your thread title, I had feared you were overcome by zombies.

I’ve nothing to add other than this guy clearly skipped over Rule #2 regarding murder: “Make sure the body doesn’t wash up on shore.” (i.e. that nobody can find a corpus delectus, thus making prosecution for muder substantially more difficult.)

Stranger

Thanks guys! Mark Bender is indeed the guy I was thinking of!

braiiiiiiiins…