Longest false "bilingual" word

One more, though not as long…in Italian, estate = summer.

A longer one (with different meanings, though derived from the same root in both languages):
in Romanian, particular = private (as an adjective, or meaning “private person” when used as a noun).

Ten letters! Not bad.

Then it isn’t a false cognate.

I know. That’s why I was quick to point out that they were derived from the same root.

Just came across the word “neveria” in an article about drive-thru dining options and Googled to find the meaning. I discovered that the word is Spanish for “ice cream”, but also Slovak for “never”.

Ice cream parlor. “helado” is ice cream.

Only four letters, but while browsing my recipe books, I remembered that “roti” is a kind of flatbread made in India (derived from a Sanskrit word meaning bread), while “roti” in French (rôti, to be strictly accurate) means “roast” and has its roots in proto-European language.

Canola oil comes from a plant called rapeseed, also known as rape (derives from the Latin word for turnip, rapa or rapum, cognate with the Greek word rhapys, according to Wikipedia. In Spanish, the word rape means monkfish and rapé means snuff (tobacco product).

As does “roti”, surely. (Not the same PIE root, but PIE).

(Turns out the root of “roti” entered the Indo-European family (as “rotika”) after PIE had evolved to Indo-Iranian and was soon to become Sanskrit and others. It may have been a borrowing from Bactrian. So, Cervaise’s point is valid — not a cognate in any way of French “roti”=“roasted”. Okay….carry on!)

The French “pinte” means “quart” (be careful when you’re ordering a beer).
The French “fart” means “ski wax”.
The French “phoque” (pronounced close to the F-word in English) means “seal” (the animal).