Looking for games for Mac

I don’t know if this has been discussed recently, but I can’t search for “RPG” or “Mac” on the boards!

I’m looking for games that are runnable on my Macbook (late 07 model). I like platformers, most action or adventure games, also RPGs. I don’t really care for FPS games, MMORPGs or “strategy” or sim games (I consider this category to include things like the Warcraft series and Civilization, along with the obvious “Sim ______” games, except for SimTower for some reason)

I’m not too worried about graphical quality. I’m also looking for things that don’t take a long time commitment to play, because I’ll be doing it between classes and such, and I’d like to at least be able to pause and exit quickly. Also, I don’t want anything that requires an external controller, preferably.

Anyway, guide me!

Also forgot to mention, I don’t mind paying for the game, although of course freeware would be better. Also good is the ability to download it. Wal-Mart is the only place within 30 miles to buy software, and their selection is limited.

I also have a late 2007 MacBook, but haven’t tried playing too many games on it yet. I know that GameHouse.com and MacGameStore.com carry a lot of Mac games, many of them of the casual variety which I like.

Call of Duty 3 (2? The one with the potato practice levels) ported for OS X. Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast also ported for OS X. I own both, played them no problem on my old G5 Core Dual 2 GHz PPC machine.

buncha recommendations over here

Nothing pegs my shuddermeter more than a FPS and history lesson all in one.

Anyone played Fable? Macgamestore.com wants 50 bucks for it, which seems ridiculous, but if it’s a good enough game, I’ve payed more for console games before…

Quinn is a very fun free game that is very much like Tetris.

I also like Solitaire XL.

The only “commercial” game I have for my Mac is World of Warcraft. Even the Apple stores don’t sell many games.

Ahahahahaahaaahahah.

Sucker.

But, to be serious, yes - Fable is an alright game and there’s nothing wrong with the OS X conversion. It wasn’t all that it was hyped up to be, which has given it a bit of a “grey rap.” But it’s a good game. I’ve never regretted blowing the $50 it cost me for the Xbox, back in the day when it came out. $50 for a 2008 Mac version sounds a bit stiff, though.

I know NWN and NWN 2 have been released for MAC, but I don’t know if your system will run the games. Probably NWN 1 will work fine.

Edit: NWN - Neverwinter Nights. It’s an RPG both with extensive storylines out of the box, and both have a lot of user created adventures you can download and play (check out the vault at nwvault.ign.com).

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but do you (or anyone) run WoW on a Macbook or on a MB Pro? I’m in the market for one currently and trying to decide which one to buy. I’d like to be able to play World of Warcraft on it occasionally with decent performance.

Huh, missed this one first time around. Well, if you’re still looking for Mac games, check out what Ambrosia Software has to offer. They started as a Mac-only game company, making truly great games available via shareware. In recent times they’ve branched out some into the PC gaming market. I particularly recommend EV Nova.

Yes. I run WoW on a Macbook Pro, and it runs wonderfully.

The MacBook uses on board-video and shared video memory, while the MacBook Pro has a real video card. If you want an enjoyable gaming experience, the MacBook Pro is the way to go. You will enjoy the larger screen, as well.