Looking for movies with evangelist preacher scenes.

Al Pacino as Satan in The Devil’s Advocate. If that ending monologue isn’t evangelical…

The remake of “The Blob”.“X-The Man with X-Ray Eyes”

Wise Blood

An American Tragedy (1931), The Miracle Woman (1931), Ladies They Talk About (1933), Steamboat Round the Bend (1935), The Green Pastures (1936), Tarnished Angel (1938), Sergeant York (1941), How Green Was My Valley (1941), Tobacco Road (1941), Sullivan’s Travels (1942), A Place in the Sun (1951), The Lawless Breed (1953), Friendly Persuasion (1956), Moby Dick (1956), The True Story of Jesse James (1957), The Big Fisherman (1959), Elmer Gantry (1960), Angel Baby (1961), Gone Are the Days! (1963), Spencer’s Mountain (1963), The Outrage (1963), Cat Ballou (1965), Ship of Fools (1965), Will Penny (1968), Rachel, Rachel (1968), Paint Your Wagon (1969), The Ballad of Cable Hogue (1970), Cotton Comes to Harlem (1970), Little Big Man (1970), Antwone Fisher (2002).

License to Kill, with Professor Joe Butcher played by Wayne Newton.

Is that blind guy in Little Nicky an evangelical preacher?

Lawnmower Man
Static (OK, more of a soapbox looney)

Dawn of the Dead (on TV).

Eric Cartman became an evangelist in order to raise ten million dollars…

as I recall.

“Surely,” I thought to myself, “surely, no one else will remember Wise Blood.” Yeah right.

Doesn’t “O Brother” have a preacher dunking vthe sirens ?

Leap of Faith

Pass the Ammo with Bill Paxton, Tim Curry, Annie Potts and um, other people. Tim and Annie play Jim and Tammy Faye types. It’s quite funny.

If you’ll allow a made-for-TV movie, then Fall From Grace with Kevin Spacey as Jim Bakker should qualify. It’s been a few years since I saw it, but it is a good demonstration of how powerful Spacey was even before the breakout Kaiser Sose role. He’s one of my favorites, and I’ve yet to see him fail in a role, even if the movie itself is weak.

The Bakker saga is one to annoy on many levels, but Spacey manages to humanize The Chipmunk without resorting to parody. Or, better said, he’s not as over-the-top as a lesser actor would go.

For my tastes, Burt Lancaster as Elmer Gantry set the standard that all others, including the magnificent Robert Duvall have tried to follow.

Nashville, I think, but it may only be a gospel revival singer.