Looks good....

Sure.

Notice how the stuff on the right of their names isn’t aligned on the right the same way on two different posters?

A really annoying script that lets you scroll up to the top of the page, just like the um, page up, up arrow, home button, scroll bar, mouse wheel, and on phones a flick of the finger can all already do without being driven to a third party site and running a javascript.

[script type="text/javascript" src="http://arrow.scrolltotop.com/arrow79.js">[/script>
<noscript>Not seeing a <a href="http://www.scrolltotop.com/">Scroll to Top Button</a>? Go to our FAQ page for more info.</noscript>

The giant fonts are uncomfortable to read on my desktop. I have to zoom out to a size that makes every other page on the web look unreadably tiny.

Okay I see the post count, join date, etc.are not aligned but all over the place now.

What’s worse is that everything seems just as hard to read as before on my tablet. Same super tiny text. Except now Firefox doesn’t want to scale it up automatically, like it did before. Because it now inks it’s a mobile friendly site.

The font seem the same to me. What browser are you using and what is your zoom level? Can you post a screen shot.

Got the font size to fix itself. May have been an issue with my browser.

Jump bar gets in the way now, though.

Seems to me the theme itself is running ads. Weird.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4405/36664520710_6c69e1ca42_o.jpg

IE 11, 1920x1080, zoom 125%. If I go down to 100% the font is the same size as it was before, but any other website is uncomfortably small.

And I don’t care for the join date/posts/location floating in the middle of the screen rather than being right-justified.

If you click on new posts to see all the new posts there seem to be an alignment problem!! Everything is all over the place on the right.
A big mess with the alignment problem.

Yeah I had one sneak through ublock origin. And it is hosted straight out of the new theme’s directory. Adding this rule manually knocked it right out though.

||boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/images/SultanThemeVB3R/ads/large-leaderboard.png

I’m tellin ya, for a young userscript guru looking to change the world, this new theme is ripe with opportunity. I’m way past my bedtime too so I’m not even going to dabble… but there is much that can be improved in this theme.

Works better on a cell phone, much, much worse on a desktop.

Agreed.

…Yikes. You can’t even click on it. It doesn’t seem to be a real SDMB ad. Hope TPTB get on at some point.

Wrong! It works WORSE on my cell phone.
I have a Samsung J-1 (an older, but nice small phone,which has one terrific feature: it fits in my pocket)
And here’s what’s wrong :

The Dope opens in a ridiculously tiny window that covers a narrow strip on the left side of my screen; about one third of the screen, with the other 2 thirds empty white space.

When I do the pinching motion with my fingers, I can only get the window to expand in jumps. It expands to some sort of default dimensions,but doesn’t fill the screen, so it covers about 80% of the screen, leaving a wide white strip of emptiness down the right side.
With a bit more fingering, laboriously and very slowly, I can coax the window to approach the edges of the screen…but never quite get there–it still leaves some white space.

But the REALLY irritating thing is that no matter how I expand the window, the text is frikin’ TRUNCATED on the right. Words just stop in the middle, and continue on the next line:
Like thi
s

Almost every line in the paragraph is like that.
For example:
Here are a couple lines of typical text as they appear on my scr
een. I can read and understand it of course , but it is a bit irritati
ng. Now do you grasp what I am trying to explain? It is not nat
ural to read this way!!!
This version of the software not an upgrade.
It is a downgrade.
On my desktop,this website looks very amateurish and is harder to use.
On my phone, it is a downright failure. If I owned a business and paid a programmer to create a website that looks like this, I would refuse to pay his fee until he corrects the errors.

Mobile design doesn’t work on my desktop… the font is so gargantuan…

At first I didn’t mind how it looked, but in the past few hours a lot of things are annoying me.

Only if they have someone with a decent artistic eye, especially for contemporary UX design, to guide them. No radical changes, just make it work and look nice, at least like something from the 21st Century.

Sort of like the wrong side of the tracks in Geocities.

Purchased?

Purchased?!

Yeah, if that’s what happened, it was not a wise move. There are way better free themes.