Lost 2.10: "The 23rd Psalm"

“Jesus stick” is my new favorite phrase. I don’t know how I’ll work it into conversation, but I’m determined.

Oh. My. Holy Mother of … what the bleeding hell was that???

Eko vs. the Smog Monster!

It’s the creature from The Abyss!

>: Are you O K?

Let’s play Global Thermonuclear War.

Holy crap, Eko rocks my ever-lovin’ socks! And when he’s cleaned up? With the braids? Kind of smokin’ hot. Damn. Not usually my type, but it would appear I’m coming around.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!

so they took the brother’s body on the plane but booted him off? Wonder if the military dudes thought he was the informant priest, then…? I mean, he was a bit outnumbered on that airstrip.

I am once again reminded of Michael Crichton’s novel Prey .

ah, yep. Should have waited 15 seconds – then my question was answered… :wink:

He effectively switched places with little bro.

Did anyone else notice the flickering images in the tree-crushing smog monster?

Could anyone make them out?

I’m guessing that when Locke confronted it, it showed him something… beautiful.

Because a snaky piece of tangible smoke is pretty cool, but not exactly what I’d call beautiful.

There were definitely images, but I don’t have a TiVo. Give it half an hour, somebody will have screencaps. :slight_smile: One looked like a woman in a white dress, but it was so fast, I couldn’t quite tell.

Hurley’s got a crush! If she breaks his heart, I’ll rip her throat out.

That’s what I thought I saw, too.

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie…

stupid stupid stupid.

You know, Charlie… if you want to win Claire back, hoarding a stash of heroin is not going to be quite your best plan of action. You might want to rethink things just slightly…

Well, so much for thinking it might be humdrum episode.

Anybody besides me tear up as they recited the Psalm? It’s one of my favorite piece of poetry ever, and I found I could not help myself.

Seriously, are you me? Because I thought the same thing. She’s a psychologist or something, right? I bet she tries to “fix” him. That bitch.

Not to mention, when Eko finds out, he’s going to be pissed.

I dunno, I think Eko was most interested in finding his brother’s plane.

No, no, you don’t understand. He’s going to sell the heroin to the other castaways. And use the money to buy peanut butter. :slight_smile:

Um… he handed Charlie a fresh statue. He knows what’s in there. I think he’s going to follow the Locke mentality and tell Charlie he has to fight his own demons.

I’m surprised Charlie didn’t say, “hey, you’re no priest. A priest wouldn’t have screwed up the psalm.”

He did, right?