Lost 2.17: "Lockdown"

Was that a map of the island?

Well, Henry Gale is acting like his story is legit – but there’s still something creepy about him. Not sure I quite trust him yet.

So did we hit Defcon Penguin, and it reset itself? Or did Henry get to the computer in time – the latter would seem to be the case, but he came up to Locke from behind, and he wasn’t at the computer…

An airdrop of food and supplies from Dharma? For whoever is manning the hatch?

Ooooh, I bet Gale did do something to raise the doors. He knows more than he’s letting on.

Nice.

Very nice ending.

I can’t wait to watch Sayid destroy this guy.

Go Sayid! Master torturer and investigator!

Sucks to be Pseudo-Henry-Gale right now. I bet they don’t offer him any cereal next episode.

Best episode of Lost I’ve seen in a long time.

Best part of the episode was watching Jack own Sawyer.

I thought I saw burners on the baloon that Jack and Kate found. Why would an air drop need burners? Unless, there was a pilot on each balloon. Would that make the Real Henry Gale an “other” or a Dharma employee?

Defcon penguin never gets old. I’ll never live that down I guess. :slight_smile:

Was that Sayid’s woman buying the house Locke checked out?

Can’t it be both?

Possibly… good catch…

No one else heard or saw whatever it was that dropped the supplies with the big blinky light? I find that fairly hard to believe.

Loop man, If I were in the loop.

I think its fairly ‘good timing’ for the “lockdown” to occur right when the supplies were being dropped, and your locked (presumably) away from the computer.

I do not think mr Gale typed the numbers… I think he hit the big "i’m in, reset’ button.

Crap… more thoughts…

The glowing map on the inside of the door… looked to be 7 ‘hatches’ surronding a larger hatch to the interior (middle) of the island… One hatch appeared to have a straight tunnel to the hive.

Lots of squiggly writing…

Unsure if the ‘map’ was there and other squigglies added. Lots of writing around the objects.

That was a great episode. Wow.

But the previews… wtf? They better not take away my man!

The only problem I have is the whole balloon thing. How on earth would those three not have noticed that big ass balloon over their heads? It took Ana too long to look up. The normal reaction would be to look up immediately, not say, “hey guys, why isn’t it raining right here?” and then look around before bothering to look to the sky. And it was daylight. I know it was raining, but wouldn’t there still be a noticeable redness under that balloon from what little light there was coming through? It just seems way suspicious or just poorly done.

And yes, I think that was supposed to be Nadia (sp?), Sayid’s woman.

She definitely looked familiar – I was trying to figure out where I’d seen her. That might have been! Good call.

Wait a minute. Was I the only one confused about the balloons? At first I thought Sayid et al had dragged Gale’s balloon back with them. But then I realized this made no sense. Are balloons dropping all over that island right now?

And why didn’t anyone notice the blacklights in the walls before?

I think myself and others speculated the same thing sometime last season. It looks more and more like Locke’s daddy is a pro con.
I don’t feel like rewatching my tape right now, did anyone catch the pic on the ID of the real Henry Gale? I thought he looked black.
So, is it possible that the doors go down just before a food drop? I don’t see the reason for it except that maybe if there are supposed to be two people manning a hatch, perhaps one is supposed to go into the safe room while the other ventures out to retrieve the food, just in case something happens to the food retriever (like getting eaten by TCM’s or Zombie Others) there will still be someone left to push the button and the doors eventually open back up after sufficient time to retrieve the food. I suppose it’s probably more likely that Pseudo-Henry did something to raise the doors.

It looks like Pseudo-Henry underestimated the Losties, didn’t think they’d dig up a manky, 4 month dead, maggot riddled corpse, but that doesn’t phase our Losties. They dug up a corpse before just to get a toy plane … and some guns.

Has anyone posted a screenshot yet of the map or symbols Locke saw when the lights went out? I couldn’t tell were he was looking, was it on the cieling or the door?

Okay I just rewatched it and I guess she did look up pretty quick as she said it, but it wasn’t quick enough for me! :wink:

It was on the back of the ‘main’ door… the one between that room and teh computer room… they showed it lifing back into the cieling.

Wonder if there is room between the cieling (a crawlspace) to go investigating.

Flourescent Map

Definitely on the blast door. There’s a bubble coming out from the “south most” hatch saying “I AM HERE”. And the picture in the hatch is clearly the Swan. In the northwest hatch, i think i can make out the “medical” hatch where Claire was taken.

So the big, fun, obvious question is, what’s in the middle?!

Also, can anyone make out the other hatch symbols?

An interesting point that Anthony Cooper might be the real James Sawyer. Do the timelines match up? Regardless, I was thinking as I watched this show that I would have expected more friction between Locke and Sawyer by now. Sawyer has issues with conmen in general and people who’ve conned him in particular.

Still no information on how Locke was paralyzed. Third season maybe?

The lockdown seemed strange to me. It didn’t appear that they triggered it in the hatch. And it does seem like it was scheduled at the same time as the food drop. But what purpose would it have served? If the whole hatch had been sealed off, it might have been to keep the occupant from going outside and seeing the supply drop. But the computer was outside of the sealed off room, so it was apparently designed to seal off an unoccupied room. Maybe the map projection had something to do with the drop?

And I’m going to go out on a limb and predict “Henry” isn’t an Other. They’ve put too much evidence on it now for it to be true. If he was an actual Other, the writers would have made the clues more ambiguous and drawn it out for a season or two. Unless maybe he defected from the Others.