Lost 3.1: "A Tale of Two Cities"

The kid’s a plant, to get Sawyer to talk.

I wonder what the point of all this is.

Unbelievable! Did I actually hear Jack ask what was going on? After two seasons a lostie finally asks a question about the circumstances.

Shhhh, they’ll hear you!

Smooth move Flashback-Jack. Follow your dad into a building while wearing scrubs. Yeah, you’ll be totally inconspicuous.

Jack sure is a stubborn bastard in this one.

What’s going on with the Lostaway camp? Eko? Locke? arrg!

And exactly which are the two cities that the episode title is referring to? I originally thought it would be the Others’ digs (one city) and the Lostaway camp (the other city). But with the latter not showing up yet, that’s clearly not it.

I don’t think we’re going to get any answers in tonight’s episode.

I’m holding out hope that it will end with the Dharma shark leaping onto the boat and eating Michael.

You’d think Sawyer would be a lot more suspicious after his capture by the tailies and the ruse with Ana Lucia.
Where have I seen Juliet before? She’s very familiar but I can’t place her.

Hahahahah! Sawyer has to learn trained behaviors, and when he exhibits them, he gets a dog biscuit and some kibble!

I think it’s the two Other camps - one a 1950s looking community, the other, this complex.

Is his name Ben? Ok, what does that mean?

Jack: “We’re underwater, aren’t we?”

What gave it away, genius?

Nice of Pseudo-Henry to lock Juliet in the flooding hatch, too, as he escapes.

Well, you can check out her filmography here

Any guesses on which Stephen King book they were reading? (He’s gonna love this – he’s a huge Lost fan.)

I’m thinking that was the plan, that they have plans for whatever their captives do.

They know them very, very well. So they know exactly what to do to each one to get the results they want. Whatever those are.

But if they knew nothing about the plane before it crashed - although I must say, Gale reacted real fast in telling people what to do - how did they get so much info on the passengers so quickly? Asking Jack where the flight was from was part of the game they were trying to play, I guess, because they’d figured it out already. But how in the world do they get that much info on people?

And why? Do they think they’re spies, that the plane was “sent” by whoever their enemies are?

It was in HD here. (16:9, probably 720p)

Was there any info they had on Jack that they couldn’t have gotten from Ethan?

Brian

Jack came across as a real asshole in tonight’s episode, not only in his flashbacks, but in the aquarium as well. And what’s with only seeing three of the regular cast members tonight? Not even a “Dude!” from Hurley.

Ugh. I dunno I felt like the episode was slow.

And the previews for next week looked slow too.

It is going to be a looooooooooooooong season. Especially with so many commercials, damn.

I did have a huge “omg wtf!!!1one!!” moment when they pulled away from the shot of the little community to show it was, presumably, on an island. But nothing else made me too excited for the rest of the episode.

yawn

Okay. Maybe our ABC affilate hasn’t moved into the 21st century yet. Thanks for letting me know.

Perhaps they have internet access? It seems everything they knew would have been things that might be found on the internet.
Looks like the actress that plays Juliet is one of those people that’s in a lot of things but you can never place them. I guess she would be most familiar to me from ER, Boston Legal and House.

I had to walk out of the room for a few min. During the show can someone tell me what I missed? I saw 4 amex commercials 1 rolaids spot and I think the rest were all abc promos. Did I miss any apperantly super important ads?

Sorry I know that was snarky but man what was the run time on this one like 18 min?

She looks a bit like the Grey’s Anatomy girl, IMO.

I’m kind of proud of myself that I guessed the little Mayberry town was actually on the island. About 5 seconds before they revealed it, but still . . .

What I’m not proud of is that I thought the new chick was Desmond’s girlfriend from last season. It took me about half the episode to realize it was a different actress. :smack:

Very intruiging episode, even though the Kate shower scene was unforgivably brief.