[QUOTE=Antigen]
But if they knew nothing about the plane before it crashed - although I must say, Gale reacted real fast in telling people what to do - how did they get so much info on the passengers so quickly? Asking Jack where the flight was from was part of the game they were trying to play, I guess, because they’d figured it out already. But how in the world do they get that much info on people?
[/QUOTE]
Wasn’t one of the theories floating around that Dharma was following certain people around BEFORE the accident and that the plane was diverted to the island on purpose? I think that would answer why Gale was on top of it so fast and why they knew so much about a few certain people.
Oh! Maybe the plane wasn’t supposed to crash there but to come in a more orderly fashion and Desmond screwed that up and it ended up crashing instead? It seems like they were expecting certain people from that plane, thus the need to send two people in to get lists of names and nothing more.
I don’t know how much I believe that theory but it is starting to make more sense to me.