[QUOTE=Monstre]
I’m holding out hope that it will end with the Dharma shark leaping onto the boat and eating Michael.
[/QUOTE]
We could see the range of his acting talents.
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKK!!!
[QUOTE=Antigen]
Asking Jack where the flight was from was part of the game they were trying to play, I guess, because they’d figured it out already. But how in the world do they get that much info on people?
[/quote]
Yeah, asking him information they knew, something easy to answer that doesn’t seem to be giving much away, is a standard interrogation technique (from what I gather in fiction, but it makes sense). If you get them talking about stuff that seems harmless or known, it establishes a dialogue.
[QUOTE=Frostillicus]
Jack came across as a real asshole in tonight’s episode, not only in his flashbacks, but in the aquarium as well.
[/QUOTE]
I could easily buy both parts. Imagine the stress of the whole situation, and the WTFness of it all, and you might get stubborn and uncooperative too at some point. As for the flashback stuff - that sort of thing can make you nutty about stuff like that.
[QUOTE=Winston Bongo]
I’m kind of proud of myself that I guessed the little Mayberry town was actually on the island. About 5 seconds before they revealed it, but still . . .
[/QUOTE]
I figured it out as soon as they opened with the CD case (within a few seconds of the start). It was the same way they opened season 2.
[QUOTE=edwino]
I found this episode very slow. What did we learn? That the Others have a village? Absolutely nothing else.
[/QUOTE]
We learned that they have communication links to the outside world, by how they got information. That’s pretty significant - they’re not just a long forgotten isolated group. Although I suppose the supply drops contradicted that to an extent too, but with the worry of infection and such, it was unclear if there was still communication with the outside world.